Clear all

I need a BIG favour!

16 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I had some problems a while back with my old computer - turns out that the hard drive is completely fried. Kaput. Dead as a dodo. I had all my old MP3's on there - some of which I'd taken off my soundclick site. So I haven't got them any more.

So the favour I need....if any of you have downloaded any of my songs off Soundclick - OTHER than the songs that are on there now - could you please, please, PLEASE send me a copy of the MP3 files?

My e-mail address is:

[email protected]

Thanks in advance,

:D :D :D

Vic

PS - the lyrics to all my songs were on there as well - fortunately, I'd been busy making written copies of them all, which I'd almost finished doing when the computer blew. Again fortunately, the only ones I hadn't written out are all SSG songs, which I can retrieve off the forum. Phew!

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 09/09/2007 1:34 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Sorry to hear that. I never download the songs, I listen them with the SC Player. :?

Good luck!

Posted : 09/09/2007 2:12 pm
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

So sorry Vic, I know exactly how you feel. When I was about 14 years old I wrote this huge novel on the computer and the computer crashed...all was lost. :(

I know the feeling, sorry man. Hopefully some people have downloaded the songs.

Posted : 09/09/2007 2:22 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

I think I have a few somewhere. I'll round them up for you. :D

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 09/09/2007 5:03 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I think I have a few somewhere. I'll round them up for you. :D

Thanks Ken! I've got the links you sent via PM.

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 09/09/2007 5:59 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I have 'Screw the Neighbours' and 'Screw the Neighbours v20'

EDIT: I also have 'Blink of an Eye (Unfinished)v.1_0_128' and 'Nothing I Can Do - 128'

Do you need these?

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 09/09/2007 7:02 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I have 'Screw the Neighbours' and 'Screw the Neighbours v20'

EDIT: I also have 'Blink of an Eye (Unfinished)v.1_0_128' and 'Nothing I Can Do - 128'

Do you need these?

Thanks, EB! Nothing I Can Do is on the Soundclick site; Blink Of An Eye, well one of these days I'm going to re-do it. As for STN - I'd be grateful for v2.0, though that's another one on the "To be done better" list!

Vic

Posted : 09/09/2007 7:29 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

You can open another soundclick site just for backing up your tunes. You don't have to link it to the public. :idea:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 09/09/2007 7:47 pm
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hey Vic,
sorry to hear about the hard drive. All may not be lost though. If its just the running gear in the hard drive thats fried the disk platter itself may still be ok. A computer sevices company may be able to recover to data off the platter. Worth a try anyway. Im at work at the moment so Ill have a look on my home PC after work.

cheers

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 09/09/2007 7:50 pm
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hey Vic,
Ive found "Blood on your hands" original 12/07/2005, "Blood on your hands" V2.01 27/10/2005 and "I'm back" 12/01/2006 on a backup DVD that I just happen to have at work here. Do you want all three ?

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 09/09/2007 7:59 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks Paul, and YES please to all three!

Vic

Posted : 09/09/2007 8:56 pm
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hi Vic,

What a drag about the drive. As Paul said, it's almost always possible to get information back off a drive, if you're prepared to spend the money to have it done. If the circuit board on the back has blown then it can sometimes be swapped over and the data retrieved that way. Even if an area has been wiped or written over there is software that can get much of it back. The downside is that the places that do it aren't usually cheap... :(

So far I've found tracks labelled viclewis+bloodonyourhand4, constantchameleon, and midlifecrisismalemenopauseblues. Happy to send any or all of those if needed. One is over 3 megs and they're about 7 megs altogether - will hotmail accept attachments that big, or is there a limit?

Cheers,

Chris

Posted : 09/09/2007 10:26 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The downside is that the places that do it aren't usually cheap

Yeah, the problem is it'd have to be free for me to afford it! I bought the new laptop for slightly LESS than the hard drive recovery cost I was quoted - with no guarantees!

So far I've found tracks labelled viclewis+bloodonyourhand4, constantchameleon, and midlifecrisismalemenopauseblues. Happy to send any or all of those if needed?

Thanks for the offer, Chris, but those are all on the Soundclick site - I can pick them off at my leisure! No, it's more the older tracks like "Monkey," the version of "Sailor's Song" with Smokehouse on harmonica, "Shelter"......I'll check the stats section of Soundclick and see what I'm missing, that'd be easiest.

Vic

Posted : 09/09/2007 10:32 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Damn - I checked on Soundclick, but the old songs I took off are no longer listed.......

Sure I've got a list somewhere....I'll have to root through some old papers and find out.

Vic

Posted : 09/09/2007 10:39 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

OK... It's in your mail!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 09/09/2007 10:52 pm
Page 1 / 2