99 Posts
33 Users
0 Likes
10.2 K Views
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

97 hours ago.

Everyone I know is now a jerk. No offense.

I have not hurt anyone or anything. I have gone WAY out of my way to be personable.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 25/09/2009 4:28 am
(@maelendiir)
Eminent Member

Nice one man, keep it up!

I've never smoked myself, so I have no idea whether it's as hard to give up as people make out, but keep going for it mate.

Just think of all the extra cash you'll save!

:note1:

Posted : 25/09/2009 5:50 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

good to hear, keep reinforcing your resolve.

#4491....

Posted : 25/09/2009 8:49 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Good for you Roy, keep it up. It gets easier with time. Going on 9 years without a ciggy myself.

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 25/09/2009 9:55 am
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

rparker -

Ever hear of the "e - cigarette?" http://www.elusionelectroniccigarette.com/

They have been running ads on the radio for them, sounds like a viable alternative. I thought about purchasing one for a friend of mine for Christmas if I thought he would actually use it.

Posted : 25/09/2009 10:21 am
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

97 hours ago.

Everyone I know is now a jerk. No offense.

I have not hurt anyone or anything. I have gone WAY out of my way to be personable.

Way to go! I quit a year and a half ago. It get's better. My wife described me during my withdrawal pangs as "evil enough to terrify small children with a smile."

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

Posted : 25/09/2009 10:23 am
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

good decision Roy. hang in there.
I quit four years ago in August. the amount of money saved is through the roof...although I don't see piles of it lying around.
the benefits of quitting are enormous. I find my lungs working for me now. singing is better now.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 25/09/2009 10:34 am
(@daven)
Estimable Member

Stay quit Roy, it gets easier. 10+ years for me after smoking for almost 30 years. Good Luck!

Posted : 25/09/2009 12:27 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Congrats Roy!

Don't count the hours, don't count the time. Now you are in a new period. Now you are an ex-smoker! You did it! :D

In fact, I don't remember if I quit four or five years ago... or six... Really I don't remember if I smoked! :wink:

Posted : 25/09/2009 12:31 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

That's great, Roy! Stay quit, life as a non-smoker is much better. I quit for 6 years, then backslid while going through a divorce and hanging out in bars. It's now been 5 years since I quit again. Both times, I went cold turkey and had the personality of Oscar the Grouch, but it was well worth it. Don't worry about the eating right now. The first time I quit, I replaced cigarettes with milkshakes and gained about 20lbs in a month. But it's a lot easier to lose weight than it is to quit smoking.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 25/09/2009 12:51 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks everyone.

hour 106

OK, so not all people are jerks. :)

Been doing alright on food until last night before my post. A couple cereal bowls filled half way with a Doritos/Fritos mixture and then a half of a Philly steak & cheese sandwich with some chips. :oops: :oops:

This morning is better. Still too full from my mid-night binge to eat any breakfast. Oh yeah, there were some cookies involved too.

My past few attempts ended late at night when settling down to try to go to sleep. Many late night runs to the grocery store for a pack. Tonight is a really bad trigger night. Dinner out with a group of friends every Friday Night. 5 of them smoke. I'm not going. I'm staying right here and watching movies or the Red Sox - Yankees game. Probably movies. Less stress.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 25/09/2009 1:40 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Congrats, Roy
I just hope the dog or cat is sensitive enough to your mood . . . to dare not cross your path.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 25/09/2009 4:42 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Congrats, Roy
I just hope the dog or cat is sensitive enough to your mood . . . to dare not cross your path.

Oddly enough, my two shadows are not laying on the floor beside me. :(

Roy

Posted : 25/09/2009 4:48 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

You gotta admire animals . . . they pick up on things like that. :mrgreen:

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 25/09/2009 4:53 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

And one more thing . . . YOU HAD BETTER NOT CHEAT!

Or (can't speak for everyone but) I'm going to be very disappointed in you.

And the mods are (most likely) going to frown mightily on you . . . and perhaps visit their wrath upon you . . .

for posting, off topic, on a guitar forum . . . if you don't stick to your resolution.

How's that for motivation?

Signed,
A 30 year (but as of 3 years ago ex-) smoker

Posted : 25/09/2009 5:06 pm
Page 1 / 7