Clear all

If anyone's got a prayer to spare.....

138 Posts
28 Users
0 Likes
14.2 K Views
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Great news about Marilyn, Vic! And best of luck on the smoking cessation. I never smoked, but know many who do and have quit with varying degrees of success. To echo Nuno "You can do it!"

Jim

Posted : 25/10/2010 1:19 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

One little unexpected side effect of all this - Marilyn's given up smoking!!! It's not the cure I'd recommend, but heck, it's worked. 100%. She hasn't had a cigarette since the middle of August (the first time she went in Hospital) and says she has no desire to ever smoke again. After smoking at least 20 a day for 40 years!!!!

So - now I've got to quit. T'ain't fair if one partner smokes, the other doesn't. I promised last weekend I'd quit as soon as I finished the tobacco I'd got left....and that moment is nearly here. Got enough for about 2-3 roll-ups, then that's it. And all the shops are shut! Oh well....wish ME luck! Tried before, with some success, but always failed ultimately...this time I'm serious.

Goodbye cigarettes, goodbye cough, goodbye phlegm, goodbye to all that.....

:D :D :D

Vic

I have a friend who was T-boned in his truck by a drunk driver. He spent several weeks in the hospital on oxygen. When he got out, he no longer had the desire to smoke, either. There's something about being on pure oxygen for a while that takes away the craving.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 25/10/2010 5:16 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Very cool Vic!! Hope you kick the habit!!!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 26/10/2010 5:53 am
Page 10 / 10