Clear all

I'm in the hospital and not working

35 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hope you're better soon TR!

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 26/05/2010 9:48 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Wow TR I didn't think a cat bite would require an overnight stay in the hospital.

Not quite a Komodo Dragon bite, but their mouths have bad bacteria. My hand swelled to twice its size in 12 hours and that was with a big dose of IV antibiotics already given. Untreated could have spread up my whole arm and I could have died from sepsis or lost my hand. It all depends on the severity. If there is little more reaction than if you say hurt your hand doing work around the house, then clean it and slap on some antibiotic ointment. (If your tetanus is up to date) If it swells and oozes like you have been bitten by a venomous snake (like mine did) then you had better see a doctor fast. With their dirty little mouths though, if they sink their fangs into you good it's likely to need professional treatment. Louie was knawing on my knuckle like it was a chicken bone.

I had 48 hours+ of IV therapy ... probably should have done the whole 3 days but I have been working with my doctor since 1984 and kind of had him in a bad spot. We negotiated my release. :lol: (I was one dose short of what I would have had leaving the next morning) With a regular patient, you do what is the standard of care and accepted practice. He was in the middle of taking extra special care of a friend and making that friend happy. I felt bad to put him in that spot but I'm out and the oral meds seem to be working fine as my hand continues to improve.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 27/05/2010 1:33 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

wow TR I did not know that hope you heal up fast without any lasting effects. Now I'm going to have to watch my little kitty. She's never bite me yet, well she kind of nipped a couple times but never broke the skin or anything. But she will scratch if you annoy her and when she does scratch me the scratches always itch and get red for awhile. I always figured there was bacteria or something in her claws that made me react that way never even thought about what here teeth might do.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 27/05/2010 1:41 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Some of those oral anti-biotics, anti-fungals or other anti-whatevers can be quite powerful. It's amazing how bad I get after only a few days without them.

I hope it's continuing to improve. Keep us posted, eh?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 27/05/2010 9:02 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Guess I'm a little (LOT) late on catching up on posts.

Hope all is well, TR.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 19/06/2010 6:12 pm
Page 3 / 3