Clear all

Important Florida trip

19 Posts
14 Users
0 Reactions
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I spent last week in Florida soaking up some sunshine and spending time with my grandaughter. Now this is a particularly sweet experience for me because it involves a long story. Here is the Readers Digest version ........................ I was 19 years old and my girlfriend at the time and I were on the outs. Well, lets say she had tired of me, but anyhow ........ she informs me she is pregnant. She also informs me that she doesn't want the baby and doesn't really want me anymore either. Heavy stuff! The plan was that she would go to her aunt's in Florida and give the baby up for adoption and no one would ever know. What could I say? She didn't want either one of us. (We are both better off for it in the long run as well) The problem being Central Florida is 1350 miles from here and I would have a child that I would never see, never know, never meet. 22 long years pass and life goes on til the day in August 2002 when I answered the knock at the door of my Florida hotel room and my daughter and I embraced for the first time. From the start it was like we have known each other all our lives. Over the past 5 1/2 years I have been going down there as often as possible, averaging a couple times a year. She has been up here to visit me as well. I have given her away at her wedding and been there when she came home from the hospital with my first grand child. This trip was out of the blue. I have a trip planned for April, but I had 7 days off and my wife had vacation from school so on a whim we packed the car and left. I found there was a reason. I was there when my grandaughter Olivia walked for the very first time! She will be a year old in a couple of weeks. Miracles do happen, life is good so enjoy it. I know I am right now!

Here is a pic of me and Olivia at the zoo in Tampa

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 26/02/2008 1:31 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That is awesome! :mrgreen:

I think Olivia looks a lot like you, BTW! (Only much prettier!)

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 26/02/2008 1:54 pm
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

TR - great story and a cute little kid. Good for you!

Bob Jessie

Posted : 26/02/2008 1:55 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Awwwww! I'm a sucker for a happy ending.....great how things worked out for you, TR! Nice pic too....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 26/02/2008 1:56 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Agreed mate, that made for a lovely read - glad things have worked out well for ya!!!

Ricochet - Olivia has fewer wrinkles..... j/p j/p :lol: :lol: :lol:

And a Yankees fan too, respect, good sir! 8)

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 26/02/2008 2:06 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Have to admit tearing up a bit while reading this, you are truly blessed.
pinch that cheek for me when you get a chance. :wink:

#4491....

Posted : 26/02/2008 2:08 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Have to admit tearing up a bit while reading this, you are truly blessed.
pinch that cheek for me when you get a chance. :wink:

WOW, you and me both, TL.

That's a great story, TR.

She really does look like you, too!!! :D

A huge congratulations!!!!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 26/02/2008 7:06 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

TR, that's one heck of a story. You are a good dude.....except for that Yankees shirt. :P

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 26/02/2008 7:36 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the nice replies everyone. I am a lucky guy. You think the litle one looks like me, you should see her mom.

As far as the Yankees t-shirt goes, I fugured it appropriate for that day since the zoo is right down the street from the Yankees spring training complex.

Posted : 26/02/2008 8:02 pm
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

That is a very cool story 8)-And i agree the Yankees shirt must go :lol:

http://www.soundclick.com/kensacco
http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

Posted : 26/02/2008 9:55 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

I'm a sucker for a Happy Ending :D

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 26/02/2008 10:34 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I'm a sucker for a Happy Ending :D

Me, too! Great story! I'm so glad y'all found each other!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 26/02/2008 10:50 pm
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

tis a great story...pity you had to miss all that time with her in between but its good you can be with her now! :)

Posted : 27/02/2008 12:29 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I am so proud of my daughter ..... here is a pic of her car

Bad boys bad boys what you gonna do ... :lol: If you are in Florida ..... tell her TR sent you! :lol:

Posted : 27/02/2008 2:59 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hmmmm - could be the cue for lots of bad puns about Police records.....nah, I'll resist the temptation and leave those to Ricochet......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 27/02/2008 9:37 am
Page 1 / 2