Notifications
Clear all

Independence Day !

28 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

No, you don't need to, you just stand in the doorway with a bloody great big musket loaded for bear.......that'll turn those footsteps pretty quick!
Like this?

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 15/08/2008 4:05 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Or this?

Posted : 15/08/2008 4:06 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Yikes!
Ric has a militia in his house!

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 15/08/2008 4:08 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Well regulated, too. :mrgreen:

Posted : 15/08/2008 4:12 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Of course. I should have known . . . Tennessee Volunteers.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 15/08/2008 4:15 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Ric,

You gotta hide your love away !

By the way, now I know what's behind that everlasting cheerful face of yours... :mrgreen:

Posted : 15/08/2008 4:33 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

:mrgreen:

Posted : 15/08/2008 4:36 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Happy Independence Day Rahul

Vande Mataram Youtube Link

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 15/08/2008 6:19 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I don't know which is more scary - the kindly, avuncular smiling Ric (although he's smiling because he's thinking "Whoever taught those Redcoats about camouflage really knew his job, didn't he!") or the beautiful Mrs R. holding a rifle about 42 sizes too big for her and shouting, "The kebabs are ready, kids!"
They imported it from . . . India?I could be wrong, but I think most of the tea imported to Britain back then came from Ceylon, which is now Sri Lanka. But wherever it came from, you don't think we were just going to pass it on to you lot without making a profit somehow, do you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cek-O7aQbH8

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 15/08/2008 8:34 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Vic, that guitar player will haunt my dreams tonight. Thanks for nuttin. :evil:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 15/08/2008 9:09 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I could be wrong, but I think most of the tea imported to Britain back then came from Ceylon, which is now Sri Lanka. But wherever it came from, you don't think we were just going to pass it on to you lot without making a profit somehow, do you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cek-O7aQbH8

But when you tried again later, it was from our back door . . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Lk0DZDaL8&feature=related
KR2

Posted : 15/08/2008 9:24 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Roy, that was Zal Cleminson, not Pennywise! I actually saw him a couple of times later on (without make-up!) in the 70's - he joined Nazareth as 2nd guitarist. Wasn't a big success - they went back to a four-piece after about a year, but added a keyboard player for live gigs.

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 15/08/2008 9:26 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

LOL, KR2, I always did love that song as a kid - one of my earliest musical memories is of this bloke doing it. And he's as British as Fish'n'chips'nmushy peas on a Friday tea-time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTKSWnWIxnM

Hey, that Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's version is pretty good though! Wonder if that's what Ric's humming when he's loading his musket?

Vic

Posted : 15/08/2008 9:33 pm
Page 2 / 2