Clear all

Isaac Hayes passed away

10 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Isaac Hayes , famous in the 70's for his 'Shaft' theme song passed away today at 65. In the last years he was popular to younger people because he was the voice of The Cheff in South Park.To me he was one of the brains behind the Stax sound in the 60's (he composed 'Soul Man' for Sam and Dave and he played with Otis Redding as well). RIP dear Isaac.

Posted : 10/08/2008 9:09 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Another sad loss to the world of music. Over here in the UK, he only ever had one hit - "Theme From Shaft" - but his influence went far beyond that. I remember listening to his album, "Hot Buttered Soul" way back when I was a teenager - sums him up pretty well. He had SOUL!

:( :( :(

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 10/08/2008 9:13 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

My favorite Isaac Hayes is "When Something Is Wrong With My Baby"......

He will be missed.... :cry:

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 10/08/2008 11:17 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

He sure will!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 11/08/2008 12:55 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member
(@rahul)
Famed Member

RIP Issac.

Posted : 11/08/2008 4:06 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

R.I.P.

#4491....

Posted : 11/08/2008 8:10 am
(@alangreen)

Oh, hell - that means it could happen to any of us too

A great guy and a great loss

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 11/08/2008 9:46 am
(@jenny-b)
Estimable Member

:( Rip Isaac.
I admit the first I heard of Isaac was the 'Shaft' song, and that was through a comedy series here called 'Father Ted' which used his song, it was brilliant.. I found the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvSIYJpzlD8
And later thru South Park. What a great voice, totally distinctive.

Posted : 11/08/2008 1:29 pm
(@specialsof)
Estimable Member

My favorite part of Isacc Hayes was him in those Rockford Files eposides with James Garner.

Posted : 16/08/2008 8:50 pm