Clear all

It's a Girl! (part two)

23 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Many congrats, of course, to Urban Cowgirl.....and I also have news.

So last night, I'm crawling into bed at the usual time - about 3, 3.30ish - and the phone rings. Me and the Mrs look at each other and say "Anita!" at the same time. Sure enough, it's Anita....one of Marilyn's. "Mum, Paul's on his way down with the kids....and then we're carrying on to the hospital. Waters have broke."

Ten mins later, Lee, Dan, Dave and Jack are unceremoniously deposited on the doorstep. (It was all arranged ages ago!)

Well - kids are all excited, no chance of sleep.....endless cups of tea later, phone rings again. Paul this time. "It's A Girl!" (We did already know, but I don't think he quite believed it....they've already got 5 lads!)

Chloe May arrived at 5.32 and weighed in at 7lbs 13ozs......or as Marilyn said, "How many's that? 17? We need a bigger planner......"

two of Anita's sisters arrived around 9-ish....they had an appointment, we'd already agreed to babysit so we had another four kids to look after....the youngest just 9 weeks old!!!

Just getting back to normal now....everybody's gone home, it's very peaceful......

Hope to have some pics later, son-in-law promised to e-mail me some as soon as they're uploaded.....

Don't think I'LL need any rocking tonight.......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 31/05/2007 5:41 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Super Congratulations to you and yours family, Vic.

By the way, I thought that Mr. Vic Lewis of Newton-le-willows, England just delieved a baby girl. (from the title of the thread...)

Posted : 31/05/2007 5:47 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Oo Congrats Vic! :D
You definitely must post pics when you get them.

Since you have so much babysitting experience and I could use a good British nanny, the job is yours end of September if you feel like moving. :lol:

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 31/05/2007 5:49 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Congratulations, Vic! :D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 31/05/2007 5:49 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

What a Coincidence! :D

Congratulations to the mother and the rest of the family! And a kiss for the little Chloe!

Posted : 31/05/2007 5:50 pm
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

Congrats Vic!

Got a guitar planned for the little one yet? Those Daisy Rock ones spring to mind....

:lol:

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

Posted : 31/05/2007 5:50 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Congrats Vic!! Quite a large family you have. I know what hobby runs in YOUR family. LOL

I love that name, Chloe, and I cant wait to see the pics.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 31/05/2007 6:00 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Congrats to the new parents, Vic. 8)

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 31/05/2007 6:05 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Congratulations on yet another grandchild, Vic! I love the name Chloe!! It's always been one of my favorites! And, of course, congratulations to the new parents, too!

:D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 31/05/2007 7:19 pm
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Vic, congratulations mate

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 31/05/2007 7:34 pm
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Crikey Vic,

I looked on the news forum last night and though oh well not much going on. But, there you all are up at the Pool producing some more the next generation. Many congratulations to you all from all of us down in the South western part of country.

And to boot, there's "Urbancowgirl" with another on the way and photo's too, our best wishes to her too for later in the year.

It's all happening here guys. :D :D :D :D :D

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

Posted : 31/05/2007 8:29 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Congrats on being a grandad again mate

Pics we need pics ....

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 31/05/2007 9:01 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Congrats!

#4491....

Posted : 31/05/2007 9:10 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Congrats again Vic! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 31/05/2007 9:39 pm
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Congrats Granpa :D

Posted : 31/05/2007 11:25 pm
Page 1 / 2