Clear all

I've Finally Been Diagnosed

15 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I've got something very, very rare called Chronic Mastoiditis. Doctor suspects that it's the reason for Migraines caused by head pressure, etc, that's been getting much worse recently. Not quite sure what's in store for me. I think a surgery to clean out the bone is next. Won't know until December. In the mean time, I've alternating pain meds and resting a lot.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 30/10/2007 4:17 am
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hi Roy,

Good to hear that you've at least got a diagnosis. My Dad used to get mastoid trouble, but nothing like at the chronic stage that you've been suffering. At least you now have some sort of path to work along. Not knowing what's going on is hard to live with. I hope they can now give you some more accurately targeted assistance further down the track, and some useful relief in the meantime. I'll be thinking of you, and hoping for improvement.

All the best,

Chris

Posted : 30/10/2007 7:59 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Like Chris said, glad they have it nailed down and now maybe they can get you healed up.
Hope your feeling better.

#4491....

Posted : 30/10/2007 9:10 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Roy,

The diagnosis is the next step to your complete recovering. I hope you feel better soon.

Posted : 30/10/2007 9:50 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hang in there Roy! Like others have said, now that they know what the problem is, they can start getting you better.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 30/10/2007 10:06 am
(@bgdaddy316)
Reputable Member

I pray that this gets you on the road to healing Roy.

Posted : 30/10/2007 11:03 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, figuring out what's wrong is the first step to fixing it.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 30/10/2007 2:14 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I'll be praying for you too, Roy! Keep us informed as you go along your road to recovery!!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 30/10/2007 3:17 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Good luck man, hope you feel better!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 30/10/2007 4:49 pm
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Good luck Roy, like everyone is saying, at least they have it figured out so that you can start to get some help. Hope everything works out and you have a speedy recovery.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 30/10/2007 5:38 pm
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

Just echoing what everyone else has said...glad they have diagnosed this. That's another step towards recovery! Good luck, you'll be in my prayers and thought! :)

Posted : 30/10/2007 8:42 pm
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I wish the best for you! One of my employees came in to work today to get paperwork for a "Leave Of Absence". She said she may have a brain tumor, her brother died 2 years ago from one! Just gotta live our lives the best we can and live each day to the fullest. I'm sure all of our thoughts will turn to you and yours, please keep us posted.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

Posted : 30/10/2007 10:20 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

So some good news at last.....maybe now they know what the trouble is they'll do something about it! Hope so, anyway!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 31/10/2007 12:55 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I'm pulling for ya! Keep tough and hang in there.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 31/10/2007 3:51 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Keep that handlebars up and the rubber down!

Good luck, bud!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 31/10/2007 10:31 pm