Clear all

Johnny Cash

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@storymwstring)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Does anyone remember what day of this month in 1932  Cash was born?  If so, reply Please!  (durn memory synapses anyway)

How many of us were guided by his music (and life) and still are?

To honor his memory, I propose each of us walk at least a mile on his birthday.   Any other suggestions?  (other than wearing black.. too depressing, imho)

today is Earth day, Enjoy it!

Steve

How come you fret the guitar upside down?
I just want to play all day

Posted : 19/02/2004 2:15 pm
(@corbind)
Noble Member

February 26th, 1935 in Kingsland, AR.  It has been a long time since I traversed a mile via foot.  likely last summer.  I used to run 4 miles a day but, thankfully, I'm not forced to do that any more.  I'll walk a mile for JC, but it may take a week!

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 19/02/2004 5:39 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I walk 3.4 miles every day.  Does that mean I need to add one to the total or subtract 2.4?

Posted : 19/02/2004 8:00 pm
(@davidhodge)

Don't know if I'll be able to get a chance to walk a mile. How about if, instead, I have a son and name him "Sue?"   ;)

Peace

Posted : 19/02/2004 8:22 pm
(@storymwstring)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Cor,

If you can run 4 miles, you can easily walk just 1 in a day!,   unless it's in ice and/or snow.  With the weather here in the 50 - 70 degree range and no precip... any time of the day is great for walking!   :)

awww, c'mon Dave..

Cash sang "I Walk The Line"  

Walking is good exercise!  Just Do It!  (Nike)   :D

Nick,
You really walk?  Someone told me most everyone in D. C. is running for something or another...   ;)

Needin a six pack here so,,
Gotta go do sit-ups...  ;D

How come you fret the guitar upside down?
I just want to play all day

Posted : 19/02/2004 11:31 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

hey steve i miss him as well if your trying to put a tribute together count me in any day any year anyway im a big fan of colombo theres an episode featuring jc and his guitar he killed his wife and somebody eles  icant spell to save my life iiits better i admit it than u think im a fool thanks if you have cable its been played quite freequontly on bravo ive seen it twice in thr last couple of weeks im sorry i dont like paper wrk tjis is a real challenge for me most people could type this in less than a minute i cANT YEAGH FIND THAT EPISODE OF COLUBO U KNOW WHAT I MENT ITS THE BEST OF THE BEST SOMEBODY PUNCHES JC HE DROPS HIS BABEY BLACK GUITAR I THINK IT MUST HAVE BEEN A STUNT IM DONE TAKE CARE LOVE ALWAYS I I ALMOST REWROTE THIS IF YOU HATE ME I UNERSTAND IVE GOT A BAD BACK  :D

Posted : 08/03/2004 5:48 am
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Needin a six pack here so

I have a keg, if that's any good?   ;D

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 08/03/2004 10:50 am
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Graham, do you really have a keg and a keg fridge?  When I was in college I always wanted one.  I was poor and could not afford it.  But if I had gotten one it would have saved me tons from buying canned beer.  Heck, I may have been frat prez!   ;)

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 08/03/2004 8:11 pm