Just one of those fabulous nights,,,

36 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
10.8 K Views
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tuesday, pub rock night,,,,I just had one of those nights where everything went right.....every song we played tonight, I just seemed to be spot on....everything from '50's rock'n'roll to 60's pop to 70' rock to C&W....

I even got to play "Blood on your Hands" and "Catspaw"....my two latest songs....times like these, hell, you just want to play all night.....Marilyn got a taxi home at 12.30, I walked home and got in a few mins ago.....

All I did all night was play chords, but...I broke my index finger-nail, so I had to use a plec...so I was picking bass notes and then picking chords as well....definitely a very. very good night!!!!

Times like this, all the hard work you put into playing guitar, hell it was worth it!!!!!

Tonight, I REALLY had fun!!!!!

I might be well on the way to drunk....and I'm having another beer right now - and possibly another couple to follow - BUT hell, do I feel good right now!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 17/08/2005 1:40 am
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Well Vic, let me ask you a question or two.

Did everything go well tonight :?:

Did you have a good night tonight :?:

Did you have fun tonight :?:

It just was not clear from your post whether or not you did

:lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 17/08/2005 2:07 am
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Congrats, Vic!

Just goes to show that practice does pay off!

Hmmm, Blood on your hands seems to ring a bell.............

Posted : 17/08/2005 2:10 am
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

Im real happy for you, good to see some GNers giggng and enjoying it on a regular basis :lol:

Posted : 17/08/2005 2:21 am
 gene
(@gene)
Estimable Member

Congrats Vic, sounds like you had a great time. I have noticed in alot of your posts, you seem to get home late, lets say a few times. Are you retired or just one of those lucky people who can survive on four hours of sleep? Just curious.

Posted : 17/08/2005 2:24 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

LOL, posted the new vesion of *Blood On Your Hands" on the old soundclick site....left a full verse, if anyone wants to add a slide solo, be my guest....

Then again, I'm on a roll ....you ever get that feeling you can't do anything wrong?

Might just re-record again tomorrow morning, this time I'll leave it as basic chords (one version) basic chords + blues harp (2nd version) and basic chords + blues harp + vocal....

(That's if I can get a note from this larynx....man, my throat was sore last night.....and after last night, I really sang my heart out....

Definitely going to have to cool the vocal cords (chords?) off with a few more cold ones......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 17/08/2005 2:27 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

congrats Vic,
sounds like this is working out great for ya.

#4491....

Posted : 17/08/2005 3:07 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

If I'd retired, I'd have a lot more time to spend on guitar....

As for 4 hours sleep, any insomniac'll tell you, ooh what joy, what luxury, what utter bliss....wish I could remember the last time I got 4 hours undisturbed sleep....think it was back in the 80's....

Vic

Posted : 17/08/2005 3:26 am
 gene
(@gene)
Estimable Member

Then you are my hero Vic. I'm going to start calling you, iron man Vic.

Posted : 17/08/2005 3:31 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Congrats Vic

Thats terrific stuff. Have a few for me.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 17/08/2005 3:35 am
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Congrats "Iron Man" Vic, glad you had fun.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 17/08/2005 6:57 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

hmmm....that was 3.26, now 7.55....suppose 4 and and a 1/2 hours ain't too bad....

Vic

Posted : 17/08/2005 6:58 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

You know Vic, the more I read your posts the more I see you as some kind of Bard, travelling from tavern to tavern, playing the songs he learned on his journey through various kingdoms, and exchanging his hard earned Florins for some strong ale after each set played on his handcrafted lute. :lol:

Keep on going, and loved your Blood on your Hands!

Posted : 17/08/2005 7:43 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I Like It!!!

The travelling bard, I mean,....hell and why not!!! I'd feel inspired to write a song called "Travelling Man"....drat, been done!!! "Travelling Band"....aaargh, that's been done as well!!!!

Ah well, back to the drawing board.....still searching for a song I wrote last year called "Rock'n'Roll Footloose Travelling Man"....posted it on Songwriter's Forum, it seems to have disappeared.....I did save it to the computer, but the daughter has that comp in her room now and it's been completely re-formatted....

Seems in this technological age, there's still room for a hard copy of your work - we used to call it "WRITING IT DOWN" when I was a kid....

OK, sending the search party (ME) into the music room....If I'm not back by, say, 5 0'clock, send beer, cigarettes and a chicken madras....

Vic

Posted : 17/08/2005 11:03 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

maybe you guys should consider closing with this
in the words of the great Warren Zevon~
--------------
So much to do, there's plenty on the farm
I'll sleep when I'm dead
Saturday night I like to raise a little harm
I'll sleep when I'm dead

I'm drinking heartbreak motor oil and Bombay gin
I'll sleep when I'm dead