John M

Posted : 17/08/2005 11:34 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Vic,

Way to go...have a Newcastle on me!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 17/08/2005 1:48 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Vic - brilliant!

Next time, post where/when before you go, so some of our GN lads and lasses might drop by...

Laz

Posted : 17/08/2005 2:28 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hmm...think Newton-le-Willows, Merseyside, England may be just a little too far for the majority....but....

Tuesday Nights, 9pm, The Victoria Hotel (Vic at the Vic, lol!!!!), Wargrave Road, Newton-le-Willows....

Plenty of room, good beer, and a great Landlord/Landlady team....Steve and Trish....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 17/08/2005 2:34 pm
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Hmmm food for thought Vic,

I've just checked out the mileage.

I could make it in around 2 1/2 hours straight from work one tuesday night. Thats if the dreaded M5/M6 junction isn't blocked. Might even be able to drag Rodders out for the night. I'll see what he thinks.

All the best

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

Posted : 17/08/2005 8:02 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wow that would be really great Chris!!!

Give you an excuse to visit the Cavern as well...only half an hour's drive!!!!

And don't forget the Beatles songbook...hah what am I saying, I've got one!!!!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 17/08/2005 8:16 pm
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Congrats "Iron Man" Vic, sounds like a wicked night. Its great when everything goes right on stage. Besides, who needs sleep when you got guitar, and beer?

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 17/08/2005 8:31 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like you are at the top of your game,
I am looking forward the the "Iron Man" Vic the travelling Bard world tour. :D
Great to hear things went so well, what a wonderful time it must have been.

Posted : 17/08/2005 8:48 pm
(@lee-n)
Estimable Member

Hmm...think Newton-le-Willows, Merseyside, England may be just a little too far for the majority....but....

Tuesday Nights, 9pm, The Victoria Hotel (Vic at the Vic, lol!!!!), Wargrave Road, Newton-le-Willows....

Plenty of room, good beer, and a great Landlord/Landlady team....Steve and Trish....

Vic

Hmm, I'm driving up to Wolverhampton Tuesday evening, you're not much further really. Would love to turn up but might be a bit too much to do in one evening after work, but if anyone's welcome I'm certainly gonna have a think about it.

Lee

Posted : 17/08/2005 8:50 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Cool - another possible recruit!!!.....anyone and everyone is welcome, just a bunch of 40+ blokes knocking out a bunch of oldies....just bring a guitar and a couple of songs....there are a couple of guys in their 20's as well, standard of playing ranges from average (me, recently promoted from the mediocre division!) to pretty good...there's even one guy gets in every week, had a top 30 hit way back in about 1963....a cover of "Parchman Farm", the old Mose Allison song, the band was called "The Rats"....and boy can he play!!!!

And though I do say it myself, we do a pretty good version of "Band on the Run"....and "Working Class Hero" always goes down well...we'll have a go at most things, just NO MICHAEL JACKSON tabs!!!!!!

Pretty much anything from Hank Williams to Oasis is acceptable....but you better study up on your Beatles, Stones, Dylan, CCR and sixties stuff in general.....

Vic

Posted : 17/08/2005 9:49 pm
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

way to go vic, can"t wait till i have a night like that 8)

Posted : 17/08/2005 10:41 pm
(@lee-n)
Estimable Member

Sounds like great fun Vic.. is it actually an open mic night, guitars plugged in or just a bunch of guys sitting about having a jam together?

I'll certainly fit in with the 40+ part :)

Lee

Posted : 17/08/2005 11:12 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lee - it's just a bunch of "Old Farts" strumming along to a bunch of golden oldies, no mics involved, just acoustic guitar,,,although one guy,,,Stu...is a really good slide player, sometimes plays through an amp just to be heard,,,well you have to have a lead guitarist don't you!!!!!

Vic

Posted : 18/08/2005 1:50 am
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member

Congratulations, it's sounded like a rocking good time.

Wish I was there to buy you a pint or two.

Posted : 18/08/2005 3:12 am
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

Congratulations, it's sounded like a rocking good time.

Wish I was there to buy you a pint or two.

:lol: same here

It sounds like youre really having fun, but I cant stop the jealousy :twisted:

Enjoy 8)

Posted : 18/08/2005 3:15 am
Page 2 / 3