Clear all

Led Zepp’s Stairway to Heaven Not Up to Code

20 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter

http://www.dotpenn.com/2008/396/led-zepps-stairway-to-heaven-not-up-to-code.html

"Led Zepp's Stairway to Heaven Not Up to Code"

"Tyrone Code Harassment: Heavy metal stairway poses dangers.

Right on the heels of a decision to nix a handicapped-ramp for an accident victim, Tyrone's code enforcement agency is preparing to bring the hammer of the gods down on the power rock ballad, Stairway to Heaven.

Tyrone's Code Harassment Chief Robert Pants said the borough did not receive an application or give permission to build– or buy–a stairway to heaven. “Our office did not receive any blueprints for the aforementioned stairway,” Pants said. “Nor, did we receive funds to issue the permit from misters Plant and Page.”

According the Pennsylvania's Uniform Construction Code, which uniformly treats everyone like they're Philly slum lords, all projects, including stairways to heaven, must meet statewide guidelines. Those guidelines cover everything from the stairway's dimensions to what building materials are used, according to Pants.

“Besides some vague, neo-romantic references to glitter and gold, there's no information on what the stairway will be made of,” Pants said. “There also appears to be a bustle in the hedgerow which may or may not impact the construction of the stairway.”

Pants also said that the borough must examine the grade of the stairway. “I'd imagine any stairway that leads from Tyrone to heaven would be steep… very steep, indeed,” Pants said.

Alice Crowley, spiritual advisor to Led Zeppelin founding member Jimmy Page, said the band has no intention of seeking a permit at present. “Jimmy will seek direction from the Necronomicon, as always,” Crowley said. “And Plant is too old to make any decisions on his own.”

Tyrone code enforcement officers aren't stopping there. They will reportedly seek fines against AC/DC's Highway to Hell and Pink Floyds' The Wall."

#4491....

Posted : 14/08/2008 1:17 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Funny - Messrs Powell and Pressburger had no trouble getting planning permission back in 1946....

Stairway

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 14/08/2008 1:40 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

They might want to look into U2's Streets with No Name. I mean, how many people have gotten lost there over the years? Maybe if the streets had names, Bono could find what he is looking for.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 14/08/2008 2:13 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter

They might want to look into U2's Streets with No Name. I mean, how many people have gotten lost there over the years? Maybe if the streets had names, Bono could find what he is looking for.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

#4491....

Posted : 14/08/2008 2:38 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

brilliant....Twisted and JW. I got nothing. searched my brain pan for something. nada.
I am not funny today. bummer.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 14/08/2008 4:42 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

And how will this effect The Talking Heads: Road to Nowhere ?

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 14/08/2008 5:44 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

And how will this effect The Talking Heads: Road to Nowhere ?

Ah, in the UK we call that the London Orbital, or the M25, or the world's biggest car park. It inspired the Chris Rea song, "Road To Hell"....'nuff said!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 14/08/2008 5:58 pm
(@davidhodge)

Does the Road to Nowhere go through A Town Called Malice along the way? I hear they've got Pink Houses there.

Peace

Posted : 14/08/2008 6:04 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Well if the Stairway to Heaven isn't up to code then I'm sure the Hotel California isn't either. All those voices in the middle of the night are probably some sort of safety hazard. Not to mention the fact that no one can ever leave. They must have exceeded their maximum occupancy sometime around 1979.

:mrgreen:

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 14/08/2008 6:27 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

ok. ok. I got something.

I stayed at the Heartbreak Hotel. I did not have a good time there. I should have gone to the Red House over yonder.
it's a rainy day. think I'll dream away. sit back an groove, on a rainy day.

ok I feel better.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 14/08/2008 6:35 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

And playing Dust in the Wind was enough reason for the city to give me a citation for breaking some ordinance about pollution.
I'm not sure if it was noise or air pollution.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 14/08/2008 6:39 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

You should've told them that Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution. I've heard Suffragette City isn't so strict on their codes, except for the fire hazard of storing Toys in the Attic.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 14/08/2008 6:53 pm
(@davidhodge)

Are you allowed to smoke on the water there? Or are folks just smokin' in the boys room?

Peace

Posted : 14/08/2008 6:55 pm
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

Makes me wonder if My Safe European Home is truly safe! What if we get a Piano Through the Ceiling?

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

Posted : 14/08/2008 8:34 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Nice Self Promotion Kathy :D

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 14/08/2008 9:05 pm
Page 1 / 2