Clear all

Made in New York

16 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Going to this tomorrow. It's a festival. Local food, wineries, breweries ....... but mostly musicians. I am going to get to see Blue Coupe!
http://www.madeinnny.com/

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 01/07/2011 5:41 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Wings!!!! Must......have........wings........yum........

I had to look up Blue coupe. Well, click on their site and read the bio was more accurate, but you get my drift. Have a good time, eh? I can't believe Bud Light was the best NY'ers could do. I mean...Genessee? Isn't it brewed anymore? I've brought back more than a case or two from trips up North years ago. :mrgreen:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 01/07/2011 7:54 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Yes, Blue Coupe are founding members of Blue Oyster Cult and Alice Cooper. The Bouchards are from Clayton New York. I will drive through there on the hour long drive I take from my house to get to where this show is. They always manage to come home and play a show every summer. I figure it's about time I go see them.

See if you recognize this one from Rock Band ..... ummm errrrrr .. Guitar Hero :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjaxKvc8n80

Posted : 01/07/2011 9:12 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Sounds like it'll be a good time!

Spin Doctors are still together?? :shock: :shock:

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 02/07/2011 9:51 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Spin Doctors are still together?? :shock: :shock:
It seems so but it is Blue Coupe that I am excited about.

Posted : 02/07/2011 11:54 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

See if you recognize this one from Rock Band ..... ummm errrrrr .. Guitar Hero
I recognize the song, but not the Rock Band or Guitar Hero reference. Never got into it.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 02/07/2011 12:58 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

My kids have it. Cities on Flame is on Guitar Hero. They have both so forgive my confusion. Hey wait! I'm 50, don't need no excuse. :lol: Of course Albert was in college when I was in first grade and check out his vox and drums on that one. Lots of energy.

Posted : 02/07/2011 1:11 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

My son has one of them as well. Don't remember which one. I never much liked video games even as a kid. Maybe a select few and that's about it.

It all looks like a hoot, though. Have a good time. :)

Roy

Posted : 02/07/2011 1:23 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Will do ... thanks Roy!

Posted : 02/07/2011 1:26 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

That would be a great show. I love BOC!

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 02/07/2011 5:28 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Well I'm home and it was a great show. The weather was perfect. The band sounded awsome. They played every song I could hope to hear. Oh yeah .......... I had a nice little visit. :mrgreen:

Posted : 03/07/2011 1:26 am
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Well I'm home and it was a great show. The weather was perfect. The band sounded awsome. They played every song I could hope to hear. Oh yeah .......... I had a nice little visit. :mrgreen:

Very cool, TR! Glad you had a good time.

Jim

Posted : 03/07/2011 1:50 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Would that be Mr A. Bouchard in the pic with you? If so, very cool! If not please forgive my ignorance....

Sounds like you had a great time, TR. I think the only BOC record that's ever been played on the radio over here was Don't Fear The Reaper - and that took a few years to take off. 1978, it got into the charts over here....but then, I remember watching the Steven King mini-series "The Stand" with my daughter in the mid-90's or so, she could have only been 9 or 10 at the time, and "Don't Fear The Reaper" was kind of the unofficial theme tune for the series....I remember her asking what that song was, and digging out a cassette and trying to play along with it. My guitar playing skills were pretty basic back then, but I remember she was thrilled when I got somewhere close...after about 3 weeks....

Ah, the memories!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 03/07/2011 2:01 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Way to go TR! You gotta love these smaller events for accessability. I'll never forget my chat with Bill Kirchen. I had to give him a few set up pointers.....NOT!!! :mrgreen:

Roy

Posted : 03/07/2011 7:38 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Would that be Mr A. Bouchard in the pic with you?
Yes it is! :mrgreen:

Yes it was a very relaxed atmosphere. The first year of the festival (To benifit meals on wheels) and I hope it isn't the last. Food and drink were well priced and with the breweries and wineries represented there was the clear and present danger af sampling yourself into a state that would prohbit driving.

I really was hesitant to aproach Albert but my daughter marched up to him and introduced herself and told him who I was. You could tell my name sounded familiar and when I told him I was the fellow who E-Mailed him with the video and word of our drummer's tradety he smiled and began nodding. I didn't want to take up too much of the mans time but he was in no hurry to go anywhere. I was thrilled to say the least. It was amazing that only a couple other people aproached or talked to anyone the time we were there. Maybe they were there for the festival? Maybe just ignorant. There was no rock star aditude here. They set up their own gear. It seems the shows are a summer thing as the Bouchards are both music teachers so they have "real" jobs the rest of the year.

Posted : 03/07/2011 2:16 pm
Page 1 / 2