Clear all

Meet up?

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@markthechuck)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Has there ever been a guitarnoise get together? Before my friend started playing guitar he ran a gaming clan, they all met every year, granted it was only europe, but wouldn't it be fantastic if there was a get together for 4/5 days or something.

A knock back is the beginning of a comeback!!!

Posted : 06/11/2008 1:27 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

There have been a few members that have gotten together and jammed. I know Sir Vic has been involved in a few. I would love to do that. I live in one of the most densely populated areas in the US and can't find a GN member nearby. Go figure. I think the closest to me is TL. I HAVE to carve out some time and go visit his newly renovated man cave.

I've even gone as far as suggesting a virtual battle of the bands! Maybe its time to revisit that.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 06/11/2008 1:45 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

We've been trying to get something together along the lines of a Jam Weekend - like the Riverside Jams in the USA - for a few years now, but somehow it always seems to fall apart - probably because we've never had anyone with the right organisational skills to pull the whole thing together. You volunteering?

You'd need to find a venue with a music license - a club, or a pub with a function room, something along those lines.
You'd need to find cheap-and-cheerful accomodation for those who are travelling - preferably close to the actual venue.
You'll have to sort out a date/dates which are suitable for a lot of people - there'll always be holidays to plan around.
You'll need to sort out amps/PA etc - although if it's only a small venue, 30-40W amps should suffice.
You'll need to sort out probably a whole host of things - who wants to play what songs, who's playing bass, drums, keyboards etc....

You volunteering?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 06/11/2008 1:50 pm
(@markthechuck)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

er??? Well i heard Vic that you might be up for it maybe? How many members from the UK are there?

A knock back is the beginning of a comeback!!!

Posted : 06/11/2008 1:57 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

er??? Well i heard Vic that you might be up for it maybe? How many members from the UK are there?

Quite a few UK members - spread out all over the place!

Here's a link to when we were discussing this very topic last year.....

https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36047

Unfortunately, it all fizzled out into nothing in the end.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 06/11/2008 2:08 pm
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Vic, well posted! :D

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 08/11/2008 8:36 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Good luck with the meet up.

Posted : 08/11/2008 12:23 pm