Clear all

Merry Christmas (Xmas)!

18 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I may not have computer access over the holidays so I would like to wish everyone here at GN a Merry Christmas or Xmas (whichever you prefer). Thanks for everything!

I play (with a friend) at a couple of places here is Delaware and they tell us that were good! I can't believe it when I hear it! All I can think of when I'm done is the mistakes I made. It's such a BLAST …. To all beginner's, if I can do it … YOU CAN!

SMOKINDOG, as a matter of fact, my girlfriend and I are going to Greenville, SC over the holidays. Her niece owns a bar there and they are having a battle of the bands Sunday night so I plan on going there. Sorry, I don't know the name of the bar?

Anyway, thanks again!

Bob Jessie

Posted : 22/12/2007 10:59 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I may not have computer access over the holidays so I would like to wish everyone here at GN a Merry Christmas or Xmas (whichever you prefer).
Same thing. X, which is the Greek letter chi, is ancient code for Christos (the first letter, making that guttural ch sound), used when it was very risky to openly publicize one's Christianity. (Still is in some places.)

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and all on GN! :D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 22/12/2007 2:25 pm
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

May I "third" what clideguitar and Ric have already said? This site has helped me stay interested in guitar through two lesson instructors and two health events. The first teacher and I just didn't mesh; he had different goals for me than I did. I decided to quit taking lessons with the second teacher, but not because we didn't get along. He was really great, but at the time (and still) I didn't feel like I had the time to practice what he was teaching me. I wanted to be able to show real progress from each lesson and that wasn't happening. I didn't think it was fair to him or me, though I don't know that he would have said anything. He was a very patient and understanding man but in fairness, I couldn't do that to him.

Anyway, through the forums and ESD and David's great lessons, I have been able to continue to make progress. I'm not where I had hoped I would be in a year's time, but progress - no matter how slow - is progress.

Thanks again to everyone for their great advice and support. (Sorry clideguitar, didn't mean to hijack your thread.)

Jim-Bone

Posted : 22/12/2007 4:11 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Merry and Happy Axemas to all our FGS (Fellow of Guitar Noise).

By the way, we will be curious about the battle of the bands. Don't forget to include the santa drummer.

Enjoy everyone and rock on ! :D

Posted : 22/12/2007 4:42 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Merry Christmas to the entire GN family! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 23/12/2007 1:51 am
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member

♪ Only one sleep to go
♪ Only one sleep til Santa
♪ Only one sleep til the Big Fat Fellow
♪ Comes down your chimney
♪ And brings you presents
♪ And drinks your beer
♪ Only one sleep til SantaaaaaaAAAAAAAA ♪

MERRY CHRISTMAS GN!

Posted : 24/12/2007 8:01 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

to all GNr's and their family's and friends.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 24/12/2007 2:23 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Merry Christmas All

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 24/12/2007 4:04 pm
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

Merry Christmas everyone!-happy new year too :D

and god bless us everyone

oops wrong tiny tim :lol:

http://www.soundclick.com/kensacco
http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

Posted : 24/12/2007 5:21 pm
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Merry Christmas too everyone, hope its good for you all.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 25/12/2007 1:24 am
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Merry Christmas to all!!!

I remember when my kids used to wake up at 3:30 or 4:00 Christmas morning all excited.

Now it's what time they get home.

Posted : 25/12/2007 3:19 am
(@alangreen)

Merry Christmas/ Frohe Weinacht/ Joyeux Noel from the Mods, too. Hope everybody has a good one.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 25/12/2007 9:09 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Have a Twisted X-mas GN!

#4491....

Posted : 25/12/2007 9:22 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Feliz Navidad | Merry Christmas

Posted : 25/12/2007 9:52 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Merry Christmas to all!!!

I remember when my kids used to wake up at 3:30 or 4:00 Christmas morning all excited.

Now it's what time they get home.

Aahahahahahahaah, that's great. Told my kids that and they agreed. Told ME to go away. They weren't ready to get up. Then I said, "But YOUR kids are." :twisted:

Having grandchildren brings the magic of Christmas day right back! And Santa ate the milk and cookies and the reindeer chowed the popcorn. :wink:

Jailyn is so wide eyed today it's hilarious.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 25/12/2007 1:41 pm
Page 1 / 2