Merseyside area proposal guitar get together

22 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@heyesie)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

HI Folks,

I was thinking along the same lines as Vic Lewis, about a get together.
Only difference I was hoping to try and get a more local more regular thing happening.
I am thinking along the lines maybe every 2 weeks or so at a venue around the area of Merseyside,
I am a self taught player and mostley strum rather than finger pick or play riffs
But I would love to learn more about the guitar and hopfuly better myself.
With a bit of luck help others and get some help myself at the same time.
Any one interested at all.

:)

Many are called but few are chosen.

Posted : 15/04/2006 8:59 pm
(@heyesie)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

C'MON boys give us some kind of feed back,
We have had 18 views so far.
It must be of some interest at least.

:D

Posted : 17/04/2006 12:43 am
(@Anonymous)

I posted a reply on Sat Apr 15 around 10.30 pm but it seems to have dissapeared!

I would be up for a meeting / jam session / whatever, but if theres gonna be one soon I can only come if it's before the middle of May. I'm only in the area for university, and so will not be returning until late September this year :(

Still, if we can get somethinig going, it'd be good!

(C'mon guys, let's not let this idea die on use again! Reply people, I know you wanna!)

Pete

Posted : 17/04/2006 9:33 am
(@heyesie)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hi Pete

Thanks for the reply,
Well maybe its gathering a little momentum.
I have also posted on another site with the idea.
And you are the 2nd reply this morning,
We need a few heads though to get something going,
Maybe any of you chaps that are interested in the idea might post in other places to try and get a few people together.
The more places we post in maybe the better the response.
:D

Posted : 17/04/2006 9:39 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Sounds good to me - I haven't been out since Xmas, but i bumped into one of the lads I used to play with in the pub on a Tuesday - he said, "It's been rubbish lately, we need you back....."

Maybe if some merseysiders could make it to the Victoria (Wargrave Road, Newton-le-Willows) once a month, some of us could get out of Newton......?

be something to look forward to......

:D:D:D

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 23/04/2006 12:19 am
(@heyesie)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

HI VIC

Im up for that yeah,
I was trying to genralise tyhe area when I said Mersey.
I did not want to say Lancs or North west.
Cos that covers such a lager area.
But anywhere whithin reason is great.
When you say you played in a pub,
Do you mean a few lads get together and just jam.
Or do you mean you get up and peform.

Posted : 23/04/2006 3:40 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Just a few lads getting together and playing whatever pops into someone's head! A few songs that get played a lot (or rather, used to get played a lot - I haven't been since I broke my arm, but I'm hoping to get back into the swing this week...) are Take It Easy, Bad Moon Rising, Norwegian Wood, Band On The Run.....all good acoustic stuff....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 23/04/2006 10:10 am
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Its a bit of a jaunt for me but I might be able to come over one weekend, but I think I'm going to need a new car very soon or at least before I make the journey, she seems to be playing up a lot just lately.
keep me posted would you so I can sort out a date. Who knows I might even be able to bring Chris with me.

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

Posted : 23/04/2006 3:54 pm
(@Anonymous)

Well, my exams are gonna be over sooner than I expected, and I'll be outta here (The North-west that is!) within a week.

Hope you all manage to get a meeting sorted though, and once I'm back in October I'd be up for attending the next one.

Pete

Posted : 24/04/2006 1:13 pm
(@heyesie)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hey

Vic

I have a couple of lads interested from another site I posted the same subject on.
Do you want to try and get this thing rolling.
How about suggesting a night to have a go.
Whats the landlord like by the way.
What will his reaction be if a load of fellas turn up with guitars at his pub.

Posted : 25/04/2006 8:18 am
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member

Hey Heyesie

Its one of your other forum guys - as I said Im interested (not at all good though!). Briefly Im 40 and came back to the guitar a couple of years ago, not had lessons or anything and need something to help me develop. Like most kinds of rock music, old and new. Bit apprehensive at playing with other players but need a kickstart. Treated myself to a Gordon Smith for my 40th last year so want to get some proper use out of it.

I live in Burtonwood, very close to Newton and handy for most places on Merseyside.

Right thats my 2p worth, I'll have a snoop around this forum now - never come across it before

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

Posted : 25/04/2006 7:52 pm
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Hey welcome Noddyman,

I'm not from the Northwest, but like you I've only been at this guitar lark for about 3 years. Don't be afraid to join in if they have a get together up there. You'd be more than welcome whatever your abilities. Over to you Vic.

And you have found the right site here, we all try to help each other.

If I can make it up there with my brother Rodders I will.

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

Posted : 25/04/2006 8:00 pm
(@heyesie)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Right chaps lets get this thing up and running then
Cmon Vic give us a time and date
Lets see how many we can get up there.

:)

Posted : 25/04/2006 9:31 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Well it'd be great to see some of you come here - I'd do my best to reciprocate, and get to lLiverpool - as for dates,any tuesday - that's acoustic night in my local....anyone wants to suggest a different night and venue, feel free - I'll try to fit in.....

:D :D :D

Vic

Posted : 05/05/2006 10:20 pm
(@heyesie)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hi Guys

anyone still interested in getting a few heads together for jamming and what not.
I'm sorry Vic, I could not bring myself around to playing in a pub just yet.

Posted : 05/07/2006 1:44 pm
Page 1 / 2