Notifications
Clear all

Michael Jackson dead?

66 Posts
26 Users
0 Likes
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I can't get over the hypocrisy. There are very few, who would admit to having anything to do with MJ, certainly since his trial. Now that he's dead, all these "friends" are crawling out of the woodwork and falling all over themselves to "remember the musician not his personal problems". The worst are the media - they crucified him, at every opportunity, whilst he was alive. Now, they can't fawn over him enough.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 29/06/2009 9:46 am
(@alangreen)

We don't care in Investment Banking - there are at least a dozen very sick jokes doing the rounds and in a week we'll be saying "Michael Who?"

I flicked through some TV channels yesterday - there were Michael Jackson tribute programmes on at least 10 channels regurgitating the same old crap. Somebody worked very quickly - the first such show that I knew about was screened on Friday night. I'm with Vic on the hypocrisy thing; I just think it's a shame that we know more about the child abuse charges and trial than we do about how long it took to write, demo and record some of his material and what his writing process was; after all, he was a musician.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 29/06/2009 10:06 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Does "the media" REALLY have to dig into his eccentricities??? What ever happened to the old adage about not speaking ill of the dead?

Cat

Newspapers have to be sold, Cat - and there's so much juicy tittle-tattle about MJ it'll keep 'em going till at least Xmas, I reckon. Eccentricities? That's one way of putting it.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 29/06/2009 10:41 am
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

MTV had an MJ top 20 hosted by David Guest (recorded some time ago) which they aired on repeat through the night he died, but they added a tag saying it was in remembrance of him. Odd thing was, much of the music (I caught an earlier airing) was his newer and less successful stuff, post-Dangerous. Whoever compiled that chart has been living on mars.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 29/06/2009 3:23 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Newspapers have to be sold, Cat - and there's so much juicy tittle-tattle about MJ it'll keep 'em going till at least Xmas, I reckon. Eccentricities? That's one way of putting it.....

Vic

True...he's more than eccentric and that sort of thing DOES sell. So, he's an oddball. But, in reality...aren't each of us??? Think about the poskibilities left to yer ordinary regular, run-of-the-mill oddball when you get tuh spend...on a bad day...$100,000 and not even miss it! I know myself...and...yeah...people would have a perfect right think I was nuts if I got ever to spend that kind of money on my "inner lunatic"! :wink:

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 01/07/2009 11:58 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Think about the poskibilities left to yer ordinary regular, run-of-the-mill oddball when you get tuh spend...on a bad day...$100,000 and not even miss it! I know myself...and...yeah...people would have a perfect right think I was nuts if I got ever to spend that kind of money on my "inner lunatic"! :wink:

Cat
wouldn't mind giving it a go...i'm sure i could get freaky widit. :mrgreen:

#4491....

Posted : 01/07/2009 1:30 pm
(@iheartriot18)

Think about the poskibilities left to yer ordinary regular, run-of-the-mill oddball when you get tuh spend...on a bad day...$100,000 and not even miss it! I know myself...and...yeah...people would have a perfect right think I was nuts if I got ever to spend that kind of money on my "inner lunatic"! :wink:

Cat
wouldn't mind giving it a go...i'm sure i could get freaky widit. :mrgreen:
As much as spending 100K on "stuff" would be amazing I'd much rather travel the world or use it to help people. Imagine how many more lives you could change with 100k in a 3rd world country. Memories are always more valuable than "stuff" because they're always with you. Unless you get a tattoo...(which would be kinda cool too)

Posted : 01/07/2009 7:00 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Stuff??? Don't forget that after those 39 charities being supported, four square miles of ranchland (etc)...heaps of things given to you "for free" (designer duds, cars, whatever)...THEN you get to spend that $100K.

C'mon...fess up...who'd NOT end up nuts???

But, still, we ARE the sum of all our parts and maybe MJ's musical talent wouldn't be as we see them if instead of the J5 he was a grocery bagger. All in all, he was pretty good natured from what I can see...

Cat

Posted : 01/07/2009 11:00 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

C'mon...fess up...who'd NOT end up nuts???

Lennon, McCartney, Jagger, Richards, Townshend, Daltrey, Davies & Davies, Springsteen, Dylan, 99% of the people I grew up listening to....

They've all got money - they've all got MEGA money - but it didn't send 'em loopy, like it did with Jacko. Like Alan said, there's a lot of sick jokes going around - trouble is, most of 'em have an element of truth to 'em. Example - what's the difference between MJ and Gary Glitter? MJ could afford top lawyers....

A few years ago, I was working for the Prisons Handbook, based in Manchester - Mark, the guy who started the business, was my (gay) stepson's partner at the time. He showed me a letter one day that he'd got from Jonathan King, who'd just been sentenced to 7 years in prison for molesting underage kids. 14-15 year old boys....the age of homosexual consent then was, I think, 21 - but it may even have been when consenting homosexual sex was illegal, at the time he committed the offences. That's not important, though - what is important is that Mr King KNEW at the time what he was doing was illegal, but went ahead and did it anyway. Did he feel any remorse? Did he hell. All he was worried about was how he'd survive in prison - I think everyone knows what happens to predatory sex criminals in prison.

MJ was found innocent, at his trial - but does anyone remember that the jury added a rider, something along the lines of, "Well he may prey on young boys, but we can't be 100% certain that it was with this particular young boy?"

When my youngest daughter was about two, I got custody of her - the panel who sat in judgement reckoned that she'd be better off with me than with her mother. I got a place on a training course, and had to take Kayleigh to a childminder when I went to work/training every day. I'd been there about a month, when the police turned up at the training centre one day - and took me away in handcuffs. I was accused of molesting my daughter, and, to cut a long story short, it was a horrific experience - friends I'd known for years stopped calling round, and I'm not even going to try to describe the filth I had through my letterbox.

In the end, the social workers decided that the woman who'd been looking after my daughter while I was going out to work training had been over-zealous - and life gradually got to normal. Me and Kayleigh are as close as a dad and a daughter can be - do you really think we'd be so close if anything had gone on?

The one person who stood by me all the time was my mother...."If I had the slightest inkling that anything untoward had happened," she said, "I'd shop you in a heartbeat - but I've never seen anything that's ever made me suspicious. I know how much you love that little girl, and I know how much she loves you!"

And the difference between me and Wacko Jacko? (Apart from the fact I was totally innocent....) IMO, he got away with it - why would anyone pay someone $20m to keep their mouth shut unless there was something to hide?

I've probably gone too far now, and I expect this post will either be locked or deleted soon...but, nevertheless, I never liked MJ, never liked his "music" - he was a good dancer, I'll give you that - but from the classic Motown era, I preferred the Supremes, the Four Tops and the Temptations. Jackson 5? Uccck, sickly sweet - saccharine to the power of ten.

And MJ's solo records? I'd rather listen to the cats on heat next door .....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 02/07/2009 12:04 am
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

And the difference between me and Wacko Jacko? (Apart from the fact I was totally innocent....) IMO, he got away with it - why would anyone pay someone $20m to keep their mouth shut unless there was something to hide?
Vic
I think that Jackson made the mistake of thinking it would be cheaper and easier to settle out of court - even if he was found not guilty at a trial, he would still have to pay very expensive lawyers. Not only that, but he would have had to have his whole life put on public view - which eventually happened at his subsequent trial. For Jackson 20 million was peanuts and he, foolishly, thought he could just make it go away.

Even the prosecution's psychologist (at his trial), Dr Katz, reckoned that Jackson wasn't a paedophile, just a regressed 10 year old. Furthermore, if you read up on the background, you get the uneasy feeling that the Arvizo family had the idea that Jackson would make their accusations go away in the same fashion as he had those of the previous accuser. They thought they were going to get rich quick.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 02/07/2009 7:00 am
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Hey, Vic...I guess you forgot about Lennon giving away all his money and moving into his Bentley???

All in all...it was Wacko's cosmetic surgery that lifted a few eyebrows...(pun intended!) You'd think that you'd want to look BETTER after all that rather than worse!

Still...setting aside the fact that his music doesn't really appeal to me...I can, however, appreciate what he put into it.

Cat

Posted : 02/07/2009 11:14 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

I'd rather listen to the cats on heat next door ..... :D :D :D Vic

Hey! Thanks!!! Me, too.

Cat

Posted : 02/07/2009 11:16 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

He was money when he was alive, money when he went crazy, and money when he died.

Media and Michael Jackson = Money.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 03/07/2009 3:58 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hey! Thanks!!! Me, too.

Cat

Looking at the gig guide for this weekend, there's a band playing in Liverpool called "Empire Of Cats" - your first step to world domination, Cat?

Vic

Posted : 03/07/2009 12:50 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Hey! Thanks!!! Me, too.

Cat

Looking at the gig guide for this weekend, there's a band playing in Liverpool called "Empire Of Cats" - your first step to world domination, Cat?

Vic

I believe 100% in the theory that cats will rule the earth someday. Purrrrrrr.

Posted : 03/07/2009 6:41 pm
Page 3 / 5