Clear all

Monterey General Store 10/13/07

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@katreich)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I can't believe the weekend has come and gone and my gig at the Monterey General Store is history.
Good friends David Hodge, Karen Berger, Helena Bouchez and Greg Nease backed me up. We played 24 songs altogether. It's still a thrill for me to play with these fantastically talented people. A good many of these songs they had just heard for the first time the day before! Everything went fairly well. I screwed up the lyrics on one tune. ( note to self, print lyrics in LARGE font and in BOLD!) At the end of an hour and a half my left hand started cramping. If any of you have experienced this you know what I'm talking about. the fingers do not want to go where your brain is pointing them! No fun at all. I just played through, and will have to wait to hear the recording before I can say how that sounded. :roll: Also included in the set a song by John Roche, also known at the Celt on these pages. It was fun to play it with him in the audience. I hope I did it justice.
Our Set List:
(* denotes original)
Cry Love
Too Close for Comfort*
Time After Time
Blue Collar Blues*
Wicked Game
Piano Through the Ceiling*
Time For Makin Love (John Roche)
Refugee
Everybody Lies*
Runaway Train
Crazy Love (duet with David)
St Theresa*
Dont Go Back to Rockville
Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying
As Tears Go By
Well Respected Man
Walking on a Wire
Angel From Montgomery
No Reflection on You*

Then the last few solo:
Romeo And Juliet
I Want You Back
America
Getaway*

The place is a trip as it's an actual store. Nice people and a good vibe all around. And one of David's 6 year old students played a number on guitar as an opener, and he was soo cute! He got all dressed up in a shirt and tie and took the whole thing very seriously. He did an incredible job and did not once even look at his fingers on the fretboard! I wish I'd started lessons at that age! One of Karen's piano students also did an awesome job.
Anyway, my thanks again for all that played and all that listened. I'm considering going back in the spring, if invited. Any excuse to visit the Berkshires! What a beautiful part of the country. :D

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

Posted : 15/10/2007 10:31 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Kathy

It was a great show and a good time was had by all.

It was a real pleasure to hear a song I had written covered so well
and from such a close up front row seat. :lol:

Hope we will be seeing you and John come Spring

Thank You

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 16/10/2007 1:41 am
(@davidhodge)

You'll definitely get invited back. They've already asked me about it and will hopefully be putting their winter and spring rosters together before the end of the year. Winter one, definitely - spring bookings may be put off until the end of January.

It was, as always, an honor and a pleasure playing with you. Can't wait to do it again!

And Ken wants to know when your CD is coming out! :wink:

Peace

Posted : 16/10/2007 2:52 am
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hi Kathy,

well done it sounds like a great gig, I wish I could have been there (maybe one day when I win the lotto :) ). I would especially liked to have heard your version of Wicked Game, a great song that Smoking Dog and myself recorded earlier this year. Good to see some SSG songs getting an airing

cheers
Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 16/10/2007 3:59 am
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

In case you missed it over in 'Opinions and Polls," here's what our Mr. Hodge wore to this gig:

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 25/10/2007 9:37 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Rock on, DH!
What a great shirt...
:)

Don

Posted : 25/10/2007 9:54 pm
(@katreich)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Ha! It IS a very cool shirt, regardless of the opinions of some.....BTW, the grass skirt on the girl on the back of the shirt actually moves..... :D

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

Posted : 25/10/2007 10:06 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Ha! It IS a very cool shirt, regardless of the opinions of some.....BTW, the grass skirt on the girl on the back of the shirt actually moves..... :D

I considered it, but concluded youtube wasn't quite ready for that particular "shakin' it" vid. :wink:

... and the shirt is definitely on its way to becoming a tradition.

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 26/10/2007 2:10 am