Clear all

Monterey General Store - Monterey, Massachusetts - 11/10/06

20 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
 P0RR
(@p0rr)
Estimable Member

David, glad to hear everything went well & hopefully you enjoyed it [though I'm not quite buying the "tons of mistakes" line.]
Maybe someday thru the magic of bootlegging or webcasting, we'll all get to hear you. Enjoy your Thanksgiving and let us know when you're playing again.

I first found work in a general store, a general store you see,,
When a woman walked in with a question that was just too much for me
So I asked the boss what kind of girdles we sell here at the store,
"Rubber," he said, and rub her I did and I don't work there anymore.
- "Goin Back To The Sea" by The Jolly Rogers

Posted : 16/11/2006 6:02 pm
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

I wish i knew about this.....yohave to let us know BEFOREHAND!

Posted : 20/11/2006 2:15 am
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter

Sorry - I thought I did! It was in the November 1 newsletter...

Got one coming up on Friday, December 15, again at the Monterey General Store. I'm backing up local songwriter Joel Schick. And when I say "backing up," I mean actually being his "second guitar" and not opening for him. Show's from 7 to 9.

And Mike, the "tons of mistakes" line is quite literal. I never play a song without making at least three to five of them (I usually stop counting after five :wink: ). As I tell my students, the only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option.

Peace

Posted : 20/11/2006 2:29 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Man, all these gigs up there makes me wish for just a minute that I was back in New England. You guys have fun!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 20/11/2006 7:43 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

As I tell my students, the only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option.

Peace

Great quote David! :D I also find that most times I'm the only one who notices the mistakes, unless it's a really obvious one like your strap & strap button parting ways, and your guitar crashes to the stage during a song. :shock: Oops! :oops: Sorry folks! :roll: :wink: :lol: **straight to guitar store next day to purchase straps locks! **
Good luck on your next gig David. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 20/11/2006 11:23 am
Page 2 / 2