Lakeside Moose Lodge #1714
1207 Hillard Road
Richmond, VA

---------------------------------------

Saturday, February 12 at 8:00pm - Midnight

Colonial Heights Moose Lodge
170 Moose Avenue
Colonial Heights, VA

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

Posted : 29/01/2011 10:59 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

Have you got any recordings of your band online anywhere?

Living this side of the pond i wont ever be able to see any of your gigs, but wouldnt mind a listen :D

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 30/01/2011 7:00 pm
(@moonrider)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Have you got any recordings of your band online anywhere?

Living this side of the pond i wont ever be able to see any of your gigs, but wouldnt mind a listen :D

If you're on Facebook, visit the link in my sig line, and hit the "Video" tab We also have video up on our website: http://southernroots.info and our Youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/Moonrider1957?feature=mhum

I'm planning on getting some audio from our New Year's show up this week sometime.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Posted : 31/01/2011 4:17 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

When I'm at home, I certainly plan to check those out!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 31/01/2011 5:52 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I listened to two out of three of the songs on you tube. Sounding good. I have a No Mustang Sally rule. :lol: :lol: If memory serves me, which it rarely does, this is a new singer for you? Sounds like she's got it. I dug your solo, too. Probably more than one, but i was googling thos two towns and wasn't seeing who was playing what after your solo in kerosene.

The good news from me lately is that eventually the new regimen I am on will allow for driving and riding. Just takes months to get used to. You just might see my sorry, fat butt this summer at one of your gigs. You guys ever travel, like to South Hill or South Boston, VA?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 31/01/2011 5:18 pm
(@moonrider)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I listened to two out of three of the songs on you tube. Sounding good. I have a No Mustang Sally rule. :lol: :lol: If memory serves me, which it rarely does, this is a new singer for you? Sounds like she's got it. I dug your solo, too. Probably more than one, but i was googling thos two towns and wasn't seeing who was playing what after your solo in kerosene.

The good news from me lately is that eventually the new regimen I am on will allow for driving and riding. Just takes months to get used to. You just might see my sorry, fat butt this summer at one of your gigs. You guys ever travel, like to South Hill or South Boston, VA?

Put your prejudice aside and give Sally a listen. There's a reason it's perennially popular. The solo is pretty good on that one. If you click "see all" below those three you'll get the rest of the list of what we have up there.

Jackie joined us in July, and the way things are looking, she just might have a shot at being on America's Got Talent. She did second round auditions this past weekend, and we'll know whether she goes on to the next round by Valentines Day. She's definitely got "IT."

We're hoping to get some gigs in South Hill, Emporia, Lawrenceville and that area. I've got family all through that area, so I'm hoping to hit that part of the state soon. We're also trying to get booked in the Liberty Showcase Theatre in Liberty, NC. That's later this year though.
If we head that far south, it's gonna have to be overnight

Posted : 31/01/2011 10:59 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Hey! YouTube snuck by the filters here at work. I found some headphones too. It was a good listen. Thanks for entertaining me! 8)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 01/02/2011 3:59 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Oh wow. That must be exciting......or never wracking. Either way, I wish her the best.

There's a great riding road between here and Liberty called, oddly enough, "Old Liberty Road". It's actually challenging on a big bike. My wife hates to be behind me on that road. I didn't know there was a big theater in Liberty, though. I'll have to Google and check it out. we've got so many venues here in town and in Durham that Liberty might as well be across the country.

....and, no. You can't make me listen to 'Sally. Well, maybe your solo if you tell me the time markers. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 01/02/2011 1:54 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Ha I've always loathed "Mustang Sally" but having seen it played more times than I could ever want, I do have to admit it is a universal crowd pleaser.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 01/02/2011 3:38 pm
(@apache)
Reputable Member

Wow - busy schedule, well done :-)

Posted : 01/02/2011 7:44 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

I finally got round to having a listen to those songs - im afriad youtube and facebook are blocked from work and that is where i do most of my "guitarnoise" posts.

You were right about the solo on mustang sally, it was really tasteful, and very well played. Was it you playing it, or are you the man in the middle of the stage (by the way, what happened to his hand half way through - did he cut a finger on the strings, he looked like he hurt something?).

I think you guys have a great sound, great vocals and are obviously very technically capable. If i lived closer, i would definitely try to check you out live!

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 05/02/2011 6:21 pm
(@moonrider)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I finally got round to having a listen to those songs - im afriad youtube and facebook are blocked from work and that is where i do most of my "guitarnoise" posts.

You were right about the solo on mustang sally, it was really tasteful, and very well played. Was it you playing it, or are you the man in the middle of the stage (by the way, what happened to his hand half way through - did he cut a finger on the strings, he looked like he hurt something?).

I think you guys have a great sound, great vocals and are obviously very technically capable. If i lived closer, i would definitely try to check you out live!

Thank you kind sir! I was the one doing that solo, and the Man in Pain was Mel, our other guitarist. He was hit with a massive hand cramp at that spot in the video. They're really painful, and can inspire some awesome "guitar faces."

My favorite part on that video was hearing everyone singing along with us.

Posted : 06/02/2011 12:38 am