Clear all

More Pics of David Hodge at Silverbrook Cafe

17 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Finally got my pics, some are kinda washed out. But here they are in no particular order, hope you enjoy.

And here's my rig I used, Epi Valve Jr head, Avatar 2 X12 cab, Gibby LP Studio, and pedalboard.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 29/01/2007 8:59 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Good pictures, Wes.

Thanks!!! 8)

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 29/01/2007 9:06 pm
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Is that David's newish 12-string electric?

Cool

Posted : 29/01/2007 9:32 pm
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

What a night! - thanks wes

That 12 string electric looks SWEET. Where, what, how much ... hold on, I don't want to know :lol:

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

Posted : 29/01/2007 9:40 pm
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

That 12 string electric looks SWEET. Where, what, how much ... hold on, I don't want to know :lol:

Cool pictures ..

The 12-string looked almost exactly like my Carvin, same color, except 12-string ...

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

Posted : 29/01/2007 10:06 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member

sweat pics wes, looks like you guys had a blast, someday, i'm going to jam with you and bish, if it kills me 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 29/01/2007 11:05 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

sweat pics wes, looks like you guys had a blast, someday, i'm going to jam with you and bish, if it kills me 8)

I'm thinking it shouldn't be that difficult. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 29/01/2007 11:53 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member

bish,

if it does happen, my wife has been instructed to give you and wes, all my guitars and amps
(ALL 0F A SUDDEN, A GN PLOT HATCHES TO RUB OUT ROCKER :twisted: )

Posted : 30/01/2007 12:21 am
(@davidhodge)

The twelve's close to four years old now. It's a Raven and I'm not even sure the company still exists. It's very possible they now go by another name entirely.

Anyway, it's a very moderately priced guitar. Was $200 and shipping when I bought it off eBay (new from the "Illinois Raven distributor") back then. I needed a twelve-string that I wouldn't care about getting banged up big time as I was traveling a lot at the time. This guitar has fit the bill and has seen a lot of duty since. It's the same one I played at Wes' gig.

Thanks for sharing the photos, Mr. Inman, and we're still waiting to hear about your latest gig! Didn't Twist of Fate play last weekend?

Peace

Posted : 30/01/2007 1:43 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Cool pics! 8)

Looks like a fun night.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 30/01/2007 11:23 am
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

It looks like Wes's Epi rig wasn't miked - cool to know you can play out with it and be heard.

Is that a 2x12 cab?

Posted : 30/01/2007 12:31 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks for sharing the photos, Mr. Inman, and we're still waiting to hear about your latest gig! Didn't Twist of Fate play last weekend?

Thanks everyone, glad you enjoyed the pics.

Yes, Twist of Fate played this last Saturday at the VFW Hall in Oakville Ct.. The gig was actually a benefit to raise money for the food bank. We got paid, but basically just covered gas money. But that's OK, I was eagar to play. We haven't had too many gigs lately, and the ones we had were all at Silverbrook. It's a great place but we really needed some fresh scenery.

It started out as quite the adventure. Now, I used to live about 2 miles from this VFW and know the area, but for some stupid reason we decided to use Mapquest. What a mistake. We could have driven straight to Oakville on the highway. Instead we were routed on dark country roads. We all became seperated from each other and lost. I just kept driving until I recognized where I was. I drove to Oakville and stopped at a convenience store and asked where the VFW was. I pulled in and fortunately everybody else had found it too.

It was a nice big hall that could handle 500 people easy. We had brought our full PA which is nice, but a pain to set up. The other guys had their gear set up in 15 minutes and were waiting on me. That always irks me a little. It takes at least 45 minutes to set everything up and make sure it is working well, then I have to set up my guitar rig as well. The other guys always want to start playing the moment I finish, but I want to take a 10 minute break and go get a beer. So that is a downside to being the PA guy. :roll:

We got a pretty good crowd, maybe 125 people. We played our regular set-list. We have added a few new songs that went over well. We played Turn the Page the old Bob Seger cover, but we play it more like Metallica. Some other new songs were Shine by Collective Soul, Red House by Hendrix which really came out great, and Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana that sounded awesome. Our band has been together awhile now and we are starting to get really tight.

We started around 8 o'clock, took one break and played till about midnight. We got good reaction from the crowd. We handed out cards, one of the girls present worked at a very popular club and said we were great and she was going to tell her boss about us. So maybe we'll get another gig out of that.

That's about it. Got home around 1 o'clock, I had to get up at 5:30 to go to work (yes, Sunday). I was a little tired the next day. But it was a great gig and I had a blast. I may get some pics from Dom in the next few days, if so I will post them. The event raised over $1000 for the Food Bank so they were very happy. They want us to play two other benefits in the next few months.

We are doing a little better for gigs now, we have 3 scheduled for February and some Summer gigs as well. So it looks like a good year. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 30/01/2007 9:27 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sorry, almost forgot DemoEtc's question.

Yes, that is my Avatar 2 X 12 with Celestion Vintage 30's. You can just see the name tag down in the corner. With the EVJ head I like to stand the cab on it's end, makes a nice little stack.

And you are right, it was not mic'd at all and had plenty of volume for this gig. But with ToF this amp would be hopelessly drowned out, we are LOUD. But the EVJ has plenty of volume for Open Mics or small gigs. It is a great amp that sounds fantastic cranked. :twisted:

Posted : 30/01/2007 9:31 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

The twelve's close to four years old now. It's a Raven and I'm not even sure the company still exists.
http://www.ravenwestguitar.com/

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 01/02/2007 4:33 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member

wes,

what about my post? you and bish get my guitars and amps if i get rubbed out,
and you have no comment?, fair weather freind lol :lol:

Posted : 01/02/2007 10:34 pm
Page 1 / 2