Notifications
Clear all

moving and unplugging

32 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

db, I hope the journey rewards you in many ways. Best of luck, and we'll see you back on line whenever.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 26/07/2010 3:13 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Please, get back soon! :(

Good luck! :D

Posted : 26/07/2010 12:32 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Please, get back soon! :(

Good luck! :D

I have secured an apartment until I find my ideal piece of country land and house. at the apartment there is cable. with that hook up I can be back on line. so my absence will not be as long as I thought.
I imagine I will have to adapt my guitar playing and recording to an apartment instead of a house.
those who live in apartments what do you do to be a nice neighbor and still rock out?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 26/07/2010 3:19 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Hope you have good neighbors. When I was living in my condo in Charlotte the neighbors called the cops a couple times once in the middle of a Sunday afternoon when there was so much noise outside I can't beleive they could have even heard me.

I never thought it was even very loud all I had was a small amp that I kept at a fairly low volume maybe once in awhile I cranked it up but not excessive.

I never really knew my neighbors or who called but hopefully they'll be cool maybe you'll even find a musician.

But it's tough to do much in an apartment.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 26/07/2010 4:32 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I use headphones and the Korg Pandora. When I use amps, I never go over the 5/10 in my small 5w guitar amp or 2/10 in my bass amp. Also, there are some moments along the day when you don't disturb.

Posted : 26/07/2010 8:19 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I have landed. what a toil moving a household. thirty years of stuff. I could not fit it all in my temporary apartment. the closet is full of my guitars and amps. the hallway closet is just large enough for my bike. the cable guy came this week and hooked me up to the internet. the TV gets 400 channels. I never had cable before.
I really enjoy RFD TV. on saturday nights there is the Marty Stewart Show. he is an amazing guitar and mando player. now the MidWest Country Show from Sandstone Minnesota is on. my friend Joe Savage plays pedal steel on that show. he is so talented. somehow I persuaded him to play a track on a cowboy song I wrote. it's on soundclick.com

a friend came by today and we jammed a bit acoustically. I played my resonator. while he was playing I went into the hallway to gauge the sound spill. I could hear plain enough, but it wasn't loud. that gives me encouragement to play more freely.

I am in LaCrosse Wisconsin. the town hasn't grown much. it got cooler as there are more music venues. Dave's Guitar shop is only a half mile down the road. LaCrosse sits next to the Mississippi River in a wide valley. here is a shot from a bluff above the town. the bluff is 590 feet up. quite a view. the haze is from a fire in Canada.

at Dave's Guitar I pinned a card. it says 'steel guitar player available. resonator and lap steel for any project. Rock, Country, Alt Country, Blues. call ......

Posted : 08/08/2010 12:28 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

at Dave's Guitar I pinned a card. it says 'steel guitar player available. resonator and lap steel for any project. Rock, Country, Alt Country, Blues. call ......

Couple of new threads in jams & collabs you might like to get involved in....good to see you back here!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 08/08/2010 12:36 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I hate it when Canada has fires! :twisted: Come on guys ...... don't play with matches ehh! Oh wait ... thats just smoke off BlueJay's Strat! :lol:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 08/08/2010 12:41 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Glad to see you still plugged into the web . . . network . . . Matrix . . . whatever.

Anyone want to offer a guess as to what year brain implants will be available . . .
so we can bypass all this hardware?

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 08/08/2010 2:47 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Welcome back! :D

The place seems very beautiful with all those trees. It is good you can play again.

And as Vic said, check out the jam & collabs forum...

Posted : 08/08/2010 9:56 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Looks like a nice area. Big enough to have things to do & see, but small enough to get to know people if you want. Any callers from that card you placed at Dave's Guitar?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 10/08/2010 10:26 am
(@daven)
Estimable Member

Welcome to the right side of the river. :D That's a beautiful area. Glad you're back.

Posted : 10/08/2010 1:09 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I just picked up a netbook. what a cool little thing. I will be able to stay connected to the forum and the rest of the internet while I am on the road. this modern world is pretty cool.
I got a asus EeePC. it comes with WinXP. I have that on ,my home computer so the segue is smooth.
this isn't as powerful as a laptop, but this'll work fine out on the highway truck stops.
I can't wait to play my acoustic under the stars with huge boulders and buttes and chimney rock formations in my view.
I will post pics and hopefully songs.

Posted : 12/08/2010 9:11 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

wooo hooooo!!!! So, when's the house warming party? :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 12/08/2010 9:32 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Have a blast on the open road, my friend.
Drop a line now and then. 8)
:)

Don

Posted : 12/08/2010 9:42 pm
Page 2 / 3