Notifications
Clear all

Musical: Little Shop Of Horrors

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@alangreen)
Topic starter

Regular readers will remember I played in the band for the musical "13" last year.

I was talking to the Head of Music at that School the other night and she's booked me to play in the band for this year's show. I love Little Shop Of Horrors - can't wait to get my hands on the music.

Feed me Seymour

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 10/02/2012 8:37 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I love to read this kind of messages when I return to GN after a week of hard work!

Posted : 11/02/2012 10:29 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Cool! Reminds me of when my son played in All County Jazz Band and was asked to play in the pit for the Show Choir. He had to learn a bunch of show tunes.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 11/02/2012 2:42 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Sounds scary

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 12/02/2012 2:30 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like fun. Congrats, Alan!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 15/02/2012 10:59 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

"I'm a mean green mutha from outa space and I'm baaaad....." love it, hope it goes well - if you love the music you're going to play, you're half-way to fulfilment. Enjoy it, Alan!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 15/02/2012 11:51 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Oh that's nice!

I'm not a big musical fan....but Little Shop of Horrors was always fantastic...how can you beat a giant green man-eating plant??

Enjoy it, it sounds like it'll be awesome!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 28/03/2012 9:47 am
(@stephenbutler)
Eminent Member

Has this started yet? How's it going? I play for a couple of local theaters here, and played for Little Shop over Halloween last year. It was an interesting gig. Lots of good music in there, too. One of my favorites to play was "It's Just the Gas" with a minor 2nd interval staccato 8th notes over the first half of every verse. Nasty, but sooo cool.

Posted : 03/04/2012 12:41 pm
(@alangreen)
Topic starter

Not yet - it's lined up for the summer term with performances in early July.

I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 03/04/2012 3:51 pm
(@alangreen)
Topic starter

I have seen Audrey II and I believe.

First rehearsal with the cast yesterday. Some out of tune vocals and a couple of prompts but it's in better shape than "13" was 48 hours before dress rehearsal last year.

Tech & Dress tomorrow, then we open tomorrow night. Watch out a for an article about it in the Newsletter over the summer.

Son, be a dentist.......

Posted : 09/07/2012 6:08 am