Musically Insane Vic

56 Posts
26 Users
0 Likes
(@thetallcoolone)
Estimable Member

GEEZ! over 5000 posts?
Must have started even before the board was up. :mrgreen:

Is it really Musically Insane or Insanelly Musical?

http://www.soundclick.com/thetallcoolone

Posted : 11/03/2007 12:48 am
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member

congrats Vic. By the way I've just turned into Senior Member...I will be musically insane as I get older and grumpier ;)

Posted : 11/03/2007 3:02 am
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Does this mean we can still throw a kegger?

LOL, Vic, you're still the man! Congrats! :D :D

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

Posted : 11/03/2007 7:24 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Funny isn't it.....

I get a lot of congratulations from ordinary members - but not one single word of thanks from one single mod. Guitarnoise has been VERY good to me - turned me from a totally mediocre rhythm guitarist into thinking I actually had some talent. I like to think I've written a few decent songs....again, from very mediocre to joining the SSG and to date I've written 70-odd songs in there.

I've expressed my opinions - always honestly, I've always said what I felt. I've posted Mp3's - got some positive feedback, some negative, I've learned from both.

I've tried to pass on what I've learned - and I've learned a lot from GN - I've posted tabs - maybe not always 100%, but hell, they were always close or thereabouts.....

Now, I just feel like a peripheral visitor - over 5000 posts, I've spent a lot of my life on here the last couple of years....does anyone care?

Nah - just another sad wanna-be guitarist/songwriter.....I realised about 2 years ago, hah, they'll never make me a mod - I'd like to think I've contributed something to this site, but then again, there's no such thing as an indispensible man....

So I'll take my leave and say good-bye - I've already found another guitar forum where I feel quite at home....bye, GN, and thanks for the good times.....

Byeeeeee........

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 20/03/2007 1:20 am
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Ummm, Vic, you're joking, right? :?

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 20/03/2007 1:34 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

What's up with that? Vic, you're a well respected and valuable member of the board, and I consider you a friend. I don't generally get too excited about post count milestones (I had over 12000 on the Big Road Blues forum before a software changeover there started me over as a newbie a year ago), but congratulations and thanks to you from me for your contributions. Now, go play with your grandbabies till you get in a better mood!
:D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 20/03/2007 2:03 am
(@theonlywayner)
Eminent Member

aye

Posted : 20/03/2007 2:42 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Sad state of affairs if thats it for Vic ?

:cry: :cry:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 20/03/2007 4:28 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Vic, I hope you were just in a bad mood when you posted your last message. I'd hate to see you go, and I know the same goes for alot of people around here, whether they've all told you so lately or not. You are an indispensable member here! Seems like a pretty silly reason to leave also. Since when are we are part of GN for the recognition? It's all about people of like mind who love music, and want to share that love with others, and that's what you do. I know, I'm just an ordinary member too, but I do hope you'll reconsider.

:D :D :D < = Vic tribute!
Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 20/03/2007 10:18 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

My perspective: i've been here for some time, I've got loads of post and I like to think I contribute to GN once in a while. Yet I'm no mod. So I asked myself why that would be. Did the mods not like me? Was I being secretly ignored? Having been an admin of a fairly large site I know that being a moderator is not about being 'recognized' for your actions. It's about a function in the online community that someone needs to fullfil. And if no such function is open then no mod needs to be assigned. GN runs fine and might not need mods. If you start using them as 'medals' of a sort you get lots of problems, it ain't worth it. So everyone here is equal, and we all try to learn and contribute from and to the community. And for the mods not responding: the Nicks and Davids here rarely respond to anything. Not because they're evil but because they're busy with their lives and running GN behind the scenes.

Apart from that, who cares what the mods thinks of me. They're probably just jealous of my uber-skills. :P

Posted : 20/03/2007 11:01 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Mod shmod, it's a thankless job reguardless of expressed appreciation.
personally i would be suspicious of those that openly seek the abuse.
i also used to Mod a couple of forum/sites in my online gaming days.

GN on the other hand is a different world entirely from what i had to deal with. A lot depends on how you mesh with the personalities of the other Mods etc.

Being chosen to help carry the load here would be an honor. But you might want to go in for a psych evaluation just to be sure. :wink:

I can't see any reason for You (Vic) to want to leave, you've made some friends here of which i hope i'm considered one.
However if that's your choice then i respect it and i hope you'll drop me a line and let me know.

#4491....

Posted : 20/03/2007 11:19 am
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

That does not sound like the Vic I've come to know.

Giving Up?

You know you have many friends hear who respect your opinions
and look forward to your songs.

If that is how you fell though So Be It

You will be missed

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 20/03/2007 1:05 pm
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Say it ain't so Vic. Selfishly speaking I get so much from your ESD posts that I am going to really miss your help. Please reconsider, if not let us know whrere you go to so I can catch your posts there. All the best
Robbie

Posted : 20/03/2007 1:31 pm
(@nirvgas)
Estimable Member

NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Life is my friend
Rake it up to take it in
Wrap me in your cinnamon
Especially in Michigan
...well I could be your friend- RHCP

Posted : 20/03/2007 2:48 pm
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Vic, I think it will be a real shame if you leave us. I agree with Sleutebos, it sounds to me like being a moderator is a lot of hard work, and is not something nessesarily to aspire to. I know that in some threads the role of Moderator has been hailed, but to be honest I think that's just a bit friendly banter and support for those that put in the time and effort. I think that one of the reasons that GN works is that there are no favourites. Putting the moderators up a pedestal I believe is divisive. Also having an expectation from that group to comment on individuals, for what ever reason puts pressure on them to ensure that they don't offend those who are not commented on. The safest approach is not to comment on anybody, that way they are not seen as some godlike entity dishing out favour.

Vic don't go because you feel that you are not valued, you are valued here, I personally will be sad to see you go, your ability to tap into your emotion is what makes you a good musician and songwriter.

Cheers
Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 20/03/2007 6:52 pm
Page 2 / 4