Clear all

My cat bought me a present *Video Posted*

34 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Louie felt sooooo bad about biting his Daddy and putting him in the hospital he got him an early Father's Day present.

It's the same one Roy just got for his birthday. The local store that jacks the prices had it for the same price as Guitar Center so for them on sale. I traded a Crate SS amp head that was a dust collector for easily what it was worth and now I am the proud owner. Roy is right, these things are premo. The guy told me he just put it out on the rack. Yeah, sure, right. :lol: Got it home and it was in tune, set up perfectly to my specs and intonated (1st time ever that has happened) no fingerprints and strings are virgin. Not a mark on it. Tag with it from pre shipment inspection says 5/17/10. Guess he wasn't lying. May be low end of the ATR line but they have a whole line below it called GART. It is easily the quality of an Epiphone Les Paul.

First song I played on it ..................................... "Cat Scratch Fever" of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj89pssVK0I

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 27/05/2010 9:50 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

First song I played on it ..................................... "Cat Scratch Fever" of course.

LMAO! It had to be, didn't it!

"They can take away your freedom, put you on the 3:10 to Yuma,
Slander your name, spread around scurrilous rumours,
They can pump you full of drugs, but they'll never take your sense of humour!"*

:D :D :D

Vic

*just a few lines (think 12-bar blues) off the top of my head - you know me, I like to write songs - there could be a good one coming out of this. The "3:10 to Yuma" line came 'cause it was on TV earlier - although I turned over when it came on, IMO Russell Crowe should have left that one well alone. Same goes for Mel Gibson - don't try and out-do Glenn Ford!*

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 27/05/2010 10:57 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Oh, good going! The cat ain't to bad after all, doesn't want to get skinned?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cec1JInytH0

It was true, I read all good stuff about those guitars when Roy was gifted with his. 8)

While you're on a roll, maybe you're still good for another gift while he's feeling guilty?

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 27/05/2010 11:57 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Terrific!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 28/05/2010 12:02 am
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

good kitty

Posted : 28/05/2010 1:02 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

What a thoughtful cat you've got! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 28/05/2010 10:18 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Woo Hoo! Bad kitty turns to the good side. Who'da thunk it. Congrats! 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 28/05/2010 10:21 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Where did I see a very similar guitar these days... Hmmm... :lol:

Congrats and enjoy!

Then, are you at home? Good news! :D

Posted : 28/05/2010 1:57 pm
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Good for you and Louie, TR!!

Jim

Posted : 28/05/2010 2:10 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Look what the cat dragged in.....;)

Posted : 28/05/2010 5:06 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

WOW. That is a SaWeeeeet looking guitar. :mrgreen: I HAVE to get a cat now.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 28/05/2010 9:44 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'm keeping my dogs. They might not buy me guitars, but they never sink their teeth into me either! As long as I play "Black Dog" every now and then, they seem to be happy. I'll try "Cat Scratch Fever" one of these days - see what sort of reaction I get!

Nice guitar, TR! Just how many have you got these days? Must be close to a couple of dozen.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 28/05/2010 11:17 pm
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Goooooood Kitty.... I wish mine would bring home something other than rodents.

Posted : 29/05/2010 12:36 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I once made up a derivative of "Little Red Rooster" about a "Little Red Foot Tortoise" for Zelly. She loved it. I calmed the little booger down while driving her up here from my daughter's house this evening by singing to her. She's a music appreciating reptile.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 29/05/2010 12:48 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Good kitty!!!

LOL, great guitar TR!!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 29/05/2010 3:35 am
Page 1 / 3