19 Users
0 Likes
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I'm humbled by these awesome responses.

Thank you all.

I was still feeling the "useless to society" emotion last night and went out to drown my sorrows. I landed at one place that really can ease those sorry feelings.

I bellied up to the counter, looked the guy straight in the face and said, "Gimme one of those."

Here's what I got. :twisted:

I'll post some more pics in the Post your Gear thread.

Boy am I feeling better. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 15/09/2007 3:28 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Looks good, Bish! :D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 15/09/2007 7:49 pm
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hmmmm... juicy..... :D

So have you got room to screen print the faces of the guilty parties on the skins? Presumably Marty should get the centre spot on the "kick drum", but it sounds like several of them could do with a bit of a thrashing with the old drumsticks... :wink:

We have saying in Australia - "She'll be right mate". Have fun with the new kit. 8)

Cheers,

Chris

Posted : 15/09/2007 11:56 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I was still feeling the "useless to society" emotion last night and went out to drown my sorrows. I landed at one place that really can ease those sorry feelings.

I bellied up to the counter, looked the guy straight in the face and said, "Gimme one of those."

Bish,

I'm glad that turned out differently than where I thought you were going!

Nice looking drums! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 16/09/2007 1:02 am
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Sorry to hear it didn't work. Bish. But I've got to agree with above: The website made it look like all DLH herself. And that can be fine if you know that's how it is, and you've decided to go the pro backing band career route. But that's gotta be your choice and the "name" and management has to at least be square with the band. Even among some big talent such as Bowie, there has been plenty of bad blood between the name and band (remember SRV's experience?). Hope you got something good out of the experience. You seem like a mover -- no doubt you're ready for the next challenge.

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 16/09/2007 3:19 am
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Sorry it didn't work out, Bish, but as Vic said you are better off out of it. You don't need those sorts of hassles when you are giving up your time.

Move on and await the next opportunity. I'm sure it won't be long for a man of your talent.

Chin up, dude and enjoy the new drums. They look great. Congrats.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 16/09/2007 4:57 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks, Greg and Chuckster.

As they always say when one door closes, more will open.

And they are.

I ran into a couple of musician acquaintances over the past couple of days and was even asked if I was doing anything, currently. I'm sure something will pop up soon. Until then, enjoying the hiatus. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 20/09/2007 12:02 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Here's the deal...move out to my neck of the woods and we'll start a band and take over the world. Bish and the Bishtones.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 20/09/2007 2:24 pm
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hey Bish,

sorry to read about your hassles with the band, I aggree your better off out of it. And thats a very nice consolation prize if ask me.

cheers

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 20/09/2007 7:26 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Holy gas Batman! Nice skins!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 21/09/2007 12:18 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Hey buddy! Really I think the positive is that it lasted nine months. What an adventure. Not many things last forever and you had some good times, you acted totally professional (which you should be proud of), and you gained a ton of experience.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 23/09/2007 5:04 am
Page 2 / 2