My first guitar class

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Well, it was not really my first class because I received classes many years ago. It was my first "recent" guitar class.

A friend collaborates with a NGO. One of the NGO activities are guitar classes, so they can get some money for the organization. I was in the zone where they play and I was not in a hurry so I was to the classroom.

Today was the first day. We were practicing rhythms just clapping our hands. Very fun. The teacher was explaining very basic concepts about notes duration, the tempo, the rhythm, the stress, etc. but no so easy to play correctly. We were making percussive music more than one hour. We finished with some improvisation and also with some "easy" flamenco rhythms.

I liked very, very much the experience but it is not compatible with my work, although perhaps I could move some things...

They told me they perform a kind of jam a couple of times every semester so probably I will play guitar or bass with them.

I am happy today. :D

Keep you informed. 8)

Posted : 09/10/2009 2:49 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Nice!! I would like to hear more, so keep going! :lol:

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 10/10/2009 3:24 am
(@davidwilliam)

hello everyone,

I have joined my first guitar class few months back only.It is a nice experience every time i am eager to learn new things its nice feeling to learn new cords and leads.

Posted : 13/10/2009 5:37 am