Clear all

My (Job) 15th Anniversary Guitar! - Updated 12-01-10

14 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

As I had posted a while back, the company that I work for orders a catalog that employees with 15 years of service can order a gift from. I had chosen the electric guitar set (Epi Special II) for mine and between a delay in shipping, my gall bladder surgery and kids moving back home, this kind of got shoved to the back burner. Here are some pictures of the guitar. It came with a 10 watt practice amp, 3 picks and an Epiphone branded guitar strap and gig bag. Oh, and did I mention the tuner? Well, it's not an electronic tuner....it's a pitch pipe!! :lol: Oh well, it was all free!

Anyway, here it is in all its' glory..........ENJOY!! :wink:

Jim

Posted : 30/11/2010 6:17 pm
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

Nice gift for 15 years on the job! The choices my company gave for my 15th weren't quite as exciting. I ended up getting a nice pair of Bose headphones. Closest thing to music I could find.
Enjoy it!

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

Posted : 30/11/2010 10:30 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Cool! I think you will find it's not a bad guitar. My son has the single pickup version. We did a little work on his. I think you will find the tuners aren't the best. The neck on his plays really well though and it has a nice sound.

Congratulations again on 15 years ...... as I said before, over 30 at the hospital I work at and absolutely nothing. You are lucky to be appreciated.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 30/11/2010 10:48 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

That's a hell of a gift.....according to the company I work for, our 15 year gift is...."you still get a paycheck"

That's awesome, I thought about buying one of those a while ago but never pulled the trigger.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 01/12/2010 2:01 am
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I guess maybe it was a bit of bad luck to post this. Yesterday afternoon I was "organizationally restructured" out of my job. :( I will continue to get a bit of pay for a severance package. Back to the old drawing board to figure out what I want to do when I grow up. :?

Jim

Posted : 01/12/2010 12:24 pm
(@hammer1)
Trusted Member

I guess maybe it was a bit of bad luck to post this. Yesterday afternoon I was "organizationally restructured" out of my job. :( I will continue to get a bit of pay for a severance package. Back to the old drawing board to figure out what I want to do when I grow up. :?

Jim

Ugggh. I feel your pain. After 20 years, I went through the same thing. Hope you find something soon. Things happen for a reason; well, that's what I always say anyway. :-) I actually did wind up somewhere where I think I will be better off. Also, my blues playing seemed to get a lot more feeling into it, so there's a silver lining for you. Good luck to you.

Posted : 01/12/2010 1:19 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Congrats on your guitar and I am sorry to read the bad news. I hope you find a new job very soon.

Good luck!

Posted : 01/12/2010 2:13 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

OUCH!! Sorry man, I hope you find something quick, that''s really terrible!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 01/12/2010 2:23 pm
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Thanks everyone for the posts before and after! I know it's not the end of the world and things do happen for a reason. What that reason is seems to be unclear right now. However, I will find something else and I could be worse off than what I am right now. I will at least get my regular pay through the first part of the year, so Christmas will be tight but not a bust.

Thanks again,
Jim

Posted : 01/12/2010 3:42 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Jim, don't worry, a good friend of mine always says "all changes in 5 minutes". You will find a new job soon.

:D

Posted : 01/12/2010 9:17 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I'm sorry ....... hang in there though. I almost added that at my place of employment we are always told that we are lucky to just have a job. We grumble but in this day and age it is true. :(

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 02/12/2010 5:26 am
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Thanks Nuno! You're always a positive person.

Thanks to you also, TR! There is a lot of truth in what you said. I definitely DID count myself among the lucky ones. It was definitely a shocker.

Posted : 02/12/2010 7:28 pm
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

I'm sorry ....... hang in there though. I almost added that at my place of employment we are always told that we are lucky to just have a job. We grumble but in this day and age it is true. :(

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 03/12/2010 12:01 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

KC, I'm so sorry to hear this. It's horrible news. I hope it gets better.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 03/12/2010 12:56 pm