11.6 K Views
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Congrats :D

#4491....

Posted : 27/06/2007 9:17 am
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Congrats to him and you, Ricochet! You should be very proud (and I know you are)!!

Jim-Bone

Posted : 27/06/2007 1:06 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

You bet! Thanks! :D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 27/06/2007 4:56 pm
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

I don't think he likes the job, he looks pissed. :wink:

Posted : 27/06/2007 10:15 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I think he's well paid to look pissed. You ought to see the pics on the comp card his Italian agency made for him to show around to clients over there. He really looks bummed in those pics. (I'm told they're the same folks who represent Heidi Klum and Kate Moss there, BTW. They certainly did a good job for him.)

Posted : 27/06/2007 10:44 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

"he looks pissed" - In England, you'd add "off" to that phrase to get the same meaning. On it's own, over here, it means "drunk." Just a little info there.....

Yeah, he looks really down - what an awful life, getting paid to travel all over the world and wear clothes. I know what you mean though - models always look serious. Let's just say he was modelling a raincoat, and only Gene Kelly looks happy in the rain.....either that, or he's missing his family and his guitars.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 27/06/2007 11:00 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Here originally you'd also add "off" to get the same meaning, but over the years it's come to be commonly left off. Evolution of slang. I thought it quite odd first time I heard the use of the word to mean "drunk" by a Brit. It's probably pushing the limits of propriety on this board, given Nick's usual test of whether you'd use it at the dinner table in front of your mom.

Posted : 28/06/2007 1:32 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Here originally you'd also add "off" to get the same meaning, but over the years it's come to be commonly left off. Evolution of slang. I thought it quite odd first time I heard the use of the word to mean "drunk" by a Brit. It's probably pushing the limits of propriety on this board, given Nick's usual test of whether you'd use it at the dinner table in front of your mom.

My mum usually was drunk at the dinner table - or any other table, for that matter.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 28/06/2007 1:39 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Well, there you go, then.

Now that I think about it, I think I first realized that "pissed" = "drunk" in Britain from listening to Chumbawamba's Tub Thumping. Cultural education.

Posted : 28/06/2007 1:46 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Well, the kid's life's getting tougher. He's just been home from Milan for three days. Got a call that he's got to go to Paris Saturday for a photo shoot. They want him over there for two weeks. Bye-bye to lying around in the basement playing video games. For a while, anyway. Got to go work for a living like the rest of us.
:lol:

Posted : 28/06/2007 9:36 pm
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Pretty cool! :D

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 29/06/2007 2:09 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Yeah, it's great having him around, but I was kinda hoping he'd get a call for a job during his summer break. :wink:

Posted : 29/06/2007 1:14 pm
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

he did just get a call for a job and it is the summer break.

just cause he'll make more for those two weeks in Paris than for the entire summer here.........

Posted : 29/06/2007 1:29 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

:D

Posted : 29/06/2007 1:52 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Here's a video of the Jil Sander Milan show that he appears in 3 times: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Daa_53y5TZo

Posted : 29/06/2007 3:35 pm
Page 2 / 5