Clear all

My Kid, The Model Citizen

30 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

My boy Joe, who turned 19 yesterday, the artist and basement rock guitarist whom you've seen pictured with his green hollowbody Ibanez, signed Wednesday with Fusion, a New York modeling agency. Long story, but his sister was browsing one night and ran across some specifications for men in the modeling business and decided it sounded exactly like her little brother. She got him registered on a site for open auditions, submitted some pics of him, and a Nashville mother agency was quite anxious to sign him. They felt he had very good prospects if he'd take it seriously, so he withdrew from the university where he was on a full honors scholarship majoring in art (his place is still open if he wants to go back) and went with them to talk to New York booking agencies. He got picked up the second day there, and first thing the next morning he was shooting an ad for Bumble and bumble hair products, getting a hair styling in the process and a boatload of their stuff, which he's now supposed to use. (I have no idea what his new hairstyle looks like. The kids say his new do is kind of like Pete Wentz's, which meant nothing to me.) They kept him busy in New York Thursday and Friday. He had to cancel his flight home; they put him on a red eye flight to Los Angeles where he was supposed to do a shoot with a photographer named Tony Duran. It turned out to be a TV ad; That's about all I know. He thinks Mr. Duran is a very cool guy, and likes L.A. a lot from his brief introduction. They're flying him back tomorrow to New York, where his first job is a two page spread in a fashion industry magazine, and they've got him booked solid next week. They're working the boy like a borrowed mule, but he's getting the star treatment and loving it. Fusion's putting him in apartment of theirs with a model from Australia. I don't know what part of town it's in, but they say it's got something like 8 art galleries close by, and lots of the models play in bands on the side, so he ought to be in hog heaven. Don't know when we'll get to see him, but he needs to come by the house and pick up a guitar. (And some clothes. He left the house packed for a week.)
:lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 25/03/2007 4:37 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Wow! That's great! Y'all must be very proud of him! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 25/03/2007 4:46 pm
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Wow, that's quite a whirlwind few days. Congrats to your son. Sounds like it could be good money, lots of traveling to cool places, and a lot of fun. And more importantly, this makes him an immediate babe magnet.

Posted : 25/03/2007 7:47 pm
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

Sounds like a great opportunity for him. Best wishes.

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

Posted : 25/03/2007 7:58 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Thats great news

Hope everything goes well ...

I tried modeling but hey I guess my looks are like eating lemons , a very acquired taste :lol:

Congrats to the lad mate and fancey a sister looking out for lil Brother usually its' the other way around ....

Proud dad !!

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 25/03/2007 11:31 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks, all!
Wow, that's quite a whirlwind few days. Congrats to your son. Sounds like it could be good money, lots of traveling to cool places, and a lot of fun. And more importantly, this makes him an immediate babe magnet.

Yeah, I think he can make good money, he'll get to travel to lots of cool places, have fun, and make contacts that can help him in his art career (and his sister in hers, likely.)

As for the babe magnet thing, this morning I told some people at church who know him, including a girl about his age who I think is a little doll. I heard her telling another young lady later: "Apparently Joe is HOT!" :lol:

Certainly he'll have an attractive group of friends to hang out with. The ladies in Nashville who first signed him up are gorgeous babes. They're older models. I think I should talk to them about their sad deficiency of, ahem, more mature, fuller figured males, but they don't seem to feel they have a problem. :lol:

Posted : 25/03/2007 11:50 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

well if Joe is " Hott "

Thats apprently all you need , I just love the way teenagers talk ...

Sounds like he already is a babe magnet

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 26/03/2007 12:07 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

8) Sounds like he's having a blast! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 26/03/2007 2:18 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

That's great news for Joe! You've obviously passed on your good-looks genes as well as the guitarist genes.....

And what a great springboard for an art career, too!

Congrats to Joe, and the proud parents too!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 26/03/2007 12:43 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks, Vic! :D

Posted : 26/03/2007 2:45 pm
 jimh
(@jimh)
Estimable Member

Yeah, i had a chance of being a model in my youth, but I didn't want to pass up my bank teller job. :wink:

Music is the universal language.

Posted : 26/03/2007 2:53 pm
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Wow that sounds awesome, apart from all the hard work he must be having a great time.

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 26/03/2007 6:45 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

jeepers Ricochet, yer head must still be spinnin'
congrats to the boy and good luck to all

#4491....

Posted : 26/03/2007 9:55 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Yeah, it's wild!

Thanks!

Posted : 26/03/2007 11:49 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Hey that is cool Ric! Congrats. Best wishes to Joe!

My son the bass player is a model citizen too .......

Seriously, he is a history major and will be teaching your kids about American History at a high school near you soon. Right now he has other things to tend to ....... :twisted:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 27/03/2007 1:37 am
Page 1 / 2