Notifications
Clear all

National Vegetarian Day...

49 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@maliciant)
Reputable Member

I knew I didn't feel like eating those mixed veggies today... luckily I had some deep fried chicken chunks covered in sugar (aka barbeque boneless chicken wings)... I like meat a lot... but it isn't what makes american's fat. What makes us fat is fast food, it's easy to prepare, it's delicious, it's loaded with sodium and a few other things (but I truly think sodium is a huge issue). A lot of vegetarians are eating far less healthy than you'd think by coating everything in butter and salt etc, and I really don't get the rules on why fish is OK to eat (at least it seems like vegetarians are OK with eating fish)... vegans... I have to think what they eat is pretty darn healthy and you'd have to be skinny (try to get 2000 calories in just veggies in a day, even with a few fruits it can be hard). But what can I say about the vegan philosophy, it's insane, it's pretty much impossible to live without the use of a variety of animal by products, it's one thing to choose not to wear clubed to death baby seal fur hats, but to try to completely avoid all animal products, is just to not realize what things are really made of.

What is the date for the dumb holiday day, you know, the holiday that celebrates all the dumbested holidays like bear poops in the woods day and vegetarian day and fart in a crowded elevator day (OK, fart in a crowded elevator day sounds like it has potential... right next to oh my god I crapped myself farting in a crowded elevator day).

Posted : 02/10/2007 5:35 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I personally believe the biggest cause of Fat People (the official term is amazingly hard to spell, sorry!) is lack of movement. Apart from that, I think it's a total lack of respect to dead animals not to eat them after we butcher them. Oh, I'm still looking for vegetable replacements: cows can atleast try to flee, brocolli is totally helpless.

Posted : 02/10/2007 6:21 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Yeah, that broccoli is rooted in terror as the harvester's blade approaches...

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 02/10/2007 6:53 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I've noticed that freshly butchered brocolli is a lot more satisfying, maybe because the terror is still lingering in it's aura.

#4491....

Posted : 02/10/2007 8:03 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Shhh, guys, the bots are beginning to take note - in the ads by Google section at the top of the post, there are links to vegan products, vegan lifestyle, vegan desserts, etc, etc......

Wonder if it'll give me a link to a butchers if I mention PORK CHOPS loudly?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 02/10/2007 8:59 pm
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

I posted a comment here about 20 minutes or so ago. Was it deleted for some reason?

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

http://www.myspace.com/bluemountainsblues

Posted : 02/10/2007 9:04 pm
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

I'll try again with some changes:
Don't worry folks, here is a full complete 100 percent veggie among us. :D

And I'm a 100% vegan.

Why do you guys feel it's necessary to attack veggies with your sarcasm and attempts at humour?

Veggies are often accused of trying to convert meat-eaters to vegetarianism given half the chance. However, when I am at, say a bbq, and quietly say no thanks to the meat and take only salad, I am almost inevitably put in a position where I have to defend my choice (as I'm now doing in this thread). So many meat-eaters feel this need to attack vegetarians that I wonder if they really do have some underlying guilt or perhaps it's some kind of macho thing.

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

Posted : 02/10/2007 9:40 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I'll try again with some changes:
Don't worry folks, here is a full complete 100 percent veggie among us. :D

And I'm a 100% vegan.

Why do you guys feel it's necessary to attack veggies with your sarcasm and attempts at humour?

Veggies are often accused of trying to convert meat-eaters to vegetarianism given half the chance. However, when I am at, say a bbq, and quietly say no thanks to the meat and take only salad, I am almost inevitably put in a position where I have to defend my choice (as I'm now doing in this thread). So many meat-eaters feel this need to attack vegetarians that I wonder if they really do have some underlying guilt or perhaps it's some kind of macho thing.

methinks you need to grow a bit thicker skin, like maybe cow leather?
sorry if you feel you are being attacked, i meant nothing personal. i have not really seen anything here that i would reguard as an "attack"

i find it interesting that you go to BBQs tho.
don't you think your asking to be ridiculed or at least poked fun at?

#4491....

Posted : 02/10/2007 9:50 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I was only joking when I posted the first post of the thread. I mean no harm or offense to conscientious vegetarians, and apologize for any offense I may have caused.

Posted : 02/10/2007 9:53 pm
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

i find it interesting that you go to BBQs tho.
don't you think your asking to be ridiculed or at least poked fun at?

Why would you think that? In Australia, at least, BBQs are social gatherings of families & friends. Why shouldn't veggies be welcome at them? My daughter is a veggie too and when she requests veggie alternatives at school functions, she often misses out because the veggie options are the first things to be eaten by non-veggies.

There are a whole range of veggie BBQ recipe books now and I think it's a while since BBQ was simply synonymous with meat.

Anyway, many people are veggies today, at least in most of their eating, for health reasons first not for animal welfare.

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

Posted : 02/10/2007 10:03 pm
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

I was only joking when I posted the first post of the thread. I mean no harm or offense to conscientious vegetarians, and apologize for any offense I may have caused.

No offense taken. :D I put off commenting yesterday but couldn't resist today especially prior to my full caffeine intake (it was 7.00am here when I first commented). And perhaps, as suggested above, I do need a thicker skin but not cowhide, maybe several layers of onion skin or okra. :mrgreen:

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

Posted : 02/10/2007 10:05 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

OK, I can't resist passing along what someone else just posted on another board on this topic:

Friend of mine worked with a guy whose brother was a skydiver. The guy was badly injured in a jump, recovered, jumped again and was killed. My friend offered his condolences to the brother, who replied "Well, the doctor said if he had lived, he'd never be anything but a vegetarian, and he wouldn't have wanted that."

:lol:

Posted : 02/10/2007 11:02 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Hey, some of my best friends are vegetables :P Actually I used to be a vegetarian back in the 70's for a year or so. I still like vegetarian dishes from time to time :wink:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 02/10/2007 11:35 pm
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

... Actually I used to be a vegetarian back in the 70's for a year or so...

You ole hippy you! Betcha still got your bell-bottom trousers and floral puffy-sleeved shirts! :P

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

Posted : 02/10/2007 11:56 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

PICTURES!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Posted : 03/10/2007 12:00 am
Page 2 / 4