Nevermind plays Gateway Cafe tonight

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter

This about as much news as I ever have. Our band Nevermind is playing the Gateway Cafe in Bristol, CT show starts at 9:30 PM tonight July 19th.

If you are in the area stop buy for some hard rock fun!!!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 19/07/2013 1:06 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

Glad to hear you're up and gigging again!! Have all the band issues settled down now?
How did the gig go?

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 08/08/2013 4:58 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Al sorry for the late reply but I didn't have a computer until today. OMG is the only way to describe the show. This was in the singers hometown and he knew most of the people there and proceeded to just be way over the top and obnoxious. I was embarrassed to be there. The crowd, there were maybe 60 or so, liked the band so that was good and they even booked us for a return show.

But.....after the show there was a bunch of emails and drama and log story short the drummer who started the band kicked the singer and guitar player out. So we are looking for replacements. In this case I think it was for the best.

The singer had some commitment issues and also used vocal effects that were way over the top, we had all asked him not to use them (they were screwing up the mix because it would feedback)but he wouldn't listen.

I'm not really sure what the deal with the other guitar player was but he was pretty much in it to show off and I can do without it.

We'll be back soon we already have some replacements. Seems I can't get more than 3-4 gigs in before it blows up.

Posted : 20/08/2013 9:11 pm
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

WOW!! Sorry to hear it crashed on you. Having never been in a band, I cant relate personally, but I hope the next crew melds better for you.

Paul B

Posted : 24/08/2013 10:54 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Paul this is the 2nd time around and basically wasting 1 1/2 years getting songs down playing a couple shows and then that's it. We now have a singer/guitarist and we are all going to sing some songs so we'll see how this works out. We had our first get together today and it went very well but they all have at first.

Posted : 24/08/2013 10:53 pm
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member

Ugh...its tough trying to get the right people in place and THEN get the project up on plane and gigging regularly. Good luck with the rebuild!! I'm currently in the process of rebuilding 2 bands so I'm hoping to have them up and running around the first of the year.

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 29/08/2013 3:45 pm
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Well can't really/say waisting time. Eaven bad experances are still experance that you can learn from, and build off of for the future.

Paul B

Posted : 30/08/2013 12:24 am