(@mike)
Famed Member

HAHA!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted : 24/02/2005 9:27 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Easy guys. That could probably be better handled with PM's eh?

Thanks for all the song recomendations bud, havn't had a chance to check them out yet, I'll let you know when I do..

I havn't even heard Springsteen's music (Aside from a few songs) and I respect him anyways.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 25/02/2005 2:00 am
 Narn
(@narn)
Estimable Member

The Boss is back, cool.

Taso give a listen to a live version of "Thunder Road", one of my all time favorites.

"You ain't a beauty but, hey, you're alright." Cool.

"You want WHAT on the *&%#ing ceiling?" - Michelangelo, 1566

Posted : 25/02/2005 1:42 pm
(@rob-l)
Trusted Member

Here is some more info on the album. It's coming out April 26 in DualDisc format. The album is on one side in CD format and the other side of the disc will have video in DVD format.

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html

Sorry Vic, they only say the album will be released in the US on 4/26. No mention of Europe.

Well I got this guitar and I'm tryin' to learn how to make it talk.

Posted : 07/03/2005 4:27 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Pappajohn,

it seems that my reply has been mislaid, somewhere. I've been to the East Coast of the US just once. I stayed in East Windsor, just down the road from gnease and worked in Englishtown. The only places we visited (other than a mall) were Freehold, where he was born and Asbury Park (I just wasn't sure of the state). Ain't life strange?

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 07/03/2005 5:27 pm
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

Small world, isn't it!

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

Posted : 07/03/2005 7:33 pm
(@slydog)
Reputable Member

Small world, isn't it!

Yes it is - my neighbor across the street here in Cincinnati went to Freehold High School, the same one Bruce attended.

I've always said that Bruce does not make the style of music that I necessarily like - normally, I'd consider much of it too bombastic for my taste - but he is still by far my favorite all time artist. Part of it is because the bombast works - Badlands, Born to Run, Backstreets, Born in the USA. Another part is that he is as evocative a songwriter as you will find. Listen to the opening lines to Thunder Road and tell me you can't picture the scene in your mind. It'll be a different picture for everyone of us, but it'll be clear as day.

And last, but not least, no one puts more into a live show than he does. It's not lasers and smoke, it's just rock-and-roll energy. As someone once said, Bruce sees rock-and-roll as religion, a path to salvation. He proves it all night, every night. And you can't help but come away a believer.

Blame it on the lies that killed us, blame it on the truth that ran us down.

Posted : 15/03/2005 11:43 pm
Page 2 / 2