90 Posts
37 Users
0 Likes
15.9 K Views
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I like it.

I like the gold on the right of unread posts. Took me a bit to figure that out.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 17/10/2005 1:33 am
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

It looks like people mostly like the new style. Or else the people who don't like it are keeping quiet to make me look like the only grouchy guy here. Because I could not hate it more. The icons by the posts are way too small so I have trouble picking out which ones I've read. Before the fora were all solid colors and thin lines so I could tell what I was looking at. Now my eyes are assualted by ugly gradients and strange curved bars. Confusingly, title bars which should contrast and stand out are nearly white, but meaningless bars like the one the submit and preview buttons live in and column headings are dark and leap out at you. There are busy decorations which confuse things even more scattered about. I'm going to get a huge headache if I stare at this any longer.

Still, as long as I can select a more attractive and usable look I'm fine.

Posted : 17/10/2005 2:08 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

profile, scroll to board style, select guitarnoise, submit and you are back to where you were. :D

Posted : 17/10/2005 2:14 am
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Yes indeed. :D

Posted : 17/10/2005 2:16 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I want this style for halloween:

http://www.freestylexl.com/demo/index.php?style=acidtechtiger

Posted : 17/10/2005 2:34 am
(@srv-fan68)
Eminent Member

Me likey!

8)

Thanks for all of your hard work.

Posted : 17/10/2005 2:49 am
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

I like it much better then the old one so far.

Posted : 17/10/2005 3:45 am
(@mjlukin)

I like the new look.
The only problem I have is that I am running 1024x768 resolution but if my browser is not expanded to full-screen size, the ads appear over the top of the text.

If you can do something about that then this skin would be excellent.

Posted : 17/10/2005 5:47 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

This is much like the http://www.ibreathmusic.com forums.I don like them and i dont like this.

Get it off :x :evil:

Posted : 17/10/2005 7:18 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I dont like it either.. BUT as the others have said.. since I can change it back.. what isnt to like. :D

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 17/10/2005 8:12 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Ch, Ch, Ch, Ch, Changes. Turn and face the strain. 8)
or change it back, either way everyone can be happy. is it possible to get more color choices?
i like to mix things up often!

Good Job,Thanx :wink:

#4491....

Posted : 17/10/2005 8:45 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I like the new design. Can live without the "Ads by Google" taking up the top part of the screen though. I have to scroll down a page to see the forums. 1st time it loaded, I'm waiting to see the forums, nothing, hit refresh, looks the same, scrolled down... oh. If the ads could be moved to the bottom I'd love it! :wink:

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 17/10/2005 9:49 am
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I don't care for the superficial changes, but I've noticed that "search" now goes farther back than it did before. I tested it with the ESD and it finds posts way back on page 13 (the first page); previously it wouldn't search past the most recent 5 pages or so. That's a GREAT improvement. 8)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 17/10/2005 10:19 am
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin
Topic starter

hush, hush on the search engine. Oh well, the secrets out. I'm rebuilding the search tables by about 1000 posts a day. In 100 days or so we'll be all caught up.

Seems to me that it is Internet Explorer that is making the ads take up the top half of the page. If you can make your browser window a little wider that might help. Or stick with the old design until I fix it for good. I know what's causing the problem but it can't be perfect in every browser.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 17/10/2005 10:36 am
(@alangreen)

I like the new design. Can live without the "Ads by Google" taking up the top part of the screen though. I have to scroll down a page to see the forums. 1st time it loaded, I'm waiting to see the forums, nothing, hit refresh, looks the same, scrolled down... oh. If the ads could be moved to the bottom I'd love it! :wink:

Half the ads here are banned by the office spy-in-the-sky software so I don't get to see many of them anyway.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 17/10/2005 11:35 am
Page 2 / 6