New Guitar Day - Crafters

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I really hate liquidations lol.

The local shop by me is either moving or closing. And I managed to score a couple Crafter Guitars at a really low price
The Crafter HD-24/NT is solid spruce with a type of African Mahogany for tue back and sides. Almost looks like rosewood
The Lite CD-N is a classical with solid Cedar top and Mahogany back and sides. Its got more of a silk/ natural feel rather than lacquered. And both of these sound better than any guitar I've owned. Really happy with these. The playability is outstanding.

I think they run retail for about $750-$800 for the both. After tax I got them for $444.

As soon as I get a chance I'll upload some audio. I don't have a pc for video until tue end of the month.

Pics of the Crafter HD-24/NT and Lite CD-N

http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/nn58/jhempel24/Crafter

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 12/03/2011 12:14 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Wow, Joe.

Looks like you scored big.

Nice going!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 12/03/2011 1:08 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks Bish. The money was set aside for a Tablet, but this got the better of me lol. I havent had too much time to less around with them, but next week I'll dive into them a bit more.

Posted : 12/03/2011 4:34 pm
(@apache)
Reputable Member

Yeah! HNGD! They look fab - definitely looks like you got a bargain there :D :D

Posted : 13/03/2011 1:24 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Cool guitar Joe!

Posted : 13/03/2011 5:39 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks alot. The bargain was too good to pass up lol. A demo will be in the hear hear section tomirow

Posted : 13/03/2011 8:21 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Been watching your thread. Looking forward to the demo, cool!

'Bout time we had some Crafter fans here. I have an extra 12 string, Crafter, looks and sounds great, built beautifully.

I talk to the dealer every once in awhile and they like me to spread the word, well I just did. :wink: Congrats on yours! :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 16/03/2011 1:41 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

So far I'm a huge fan! LOL. After having only a few days with these things, I can't get enough!

And on a HUGE bright note, my laptop is coming tomorrow, so I can get videos of these things up in the next day or so!! I've already got the video for the acoustic recorded, just have to get the classical!

Posted : 16/03/2011 3:12 am
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

i love crafter guitars joe - the first guitar i ever bought (not counting the one i was practically given by my brother in law) was a crafter electro acoustic. i ended up having to part exchange it for another electric i needed at the time, but i still miss it!

looking forward to the video

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 16/03/2011 12:31 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

i love crafter guitars joe - the first guitar i ever bought (not counting the one i was practically given by my brother in law) was a crafter electro acoustic. i ended up having to part exchange it for another electric i needed at the time, but i still miss it!

looking forward to the video

Cool! I love teh guitars....vids are up in the Hear Here :)

Posted : 18/03/2011 8:48 pm
(@mlazare)
Eminent Member

My first guitar was a Crafter. I keep adding to my collection but always go back to it. It just has such a great sound.

Posted : 27/03/2011 11:47 am