Clear all

New Year - New Band!!!

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Well I'm HAPPY to report that I'm playing with another band!!! :D I auditioned with "Useaus" about 3 weeks ago and everything "gelled" nicely and they asked me to join!!! :D I'm in the process of learning thier set list and they are learning some of mine. I figured that would speed things along and we should be out gigging by March. This band plays pretty much "rock" (Matchbox 20, Goo Goo Dolls, 3 Doors Down, Shinedown, REO Speedwagon etc). This past Sunday they asked if I could bring my wife along to band practice so all the wives were there and they welcomed my wife with open arms which was NICE!! :D She sat & talked with them while we went through the tunes we knew and that was cool!! She told me she hasn't had this kind of "vibe" since my days when I was playing in "Wildeye" so I'm happy about that!! She said they also do things together outside of just playing in the band which is cool!! :D My last couple of bands have been pretty much, show up, play the gig and go home w/o much interaction between the band mates' people at the gigs.

"Useaus" is a 5-piece band based out of Morris IL so we'll be playing gigs mostly south of I-80 which is good for me since thats closer to home. I've been playing in female fronted cover bands for the past couple of years so this is a NICE change for me. "Useaus" consists of male vocal, keys, bass, drums & guitar (me) w/a dedicated sound guy and light guy. This my first time playing with a keyboard player and my first time being the ONLY guitar player. I've played the whole night solo before but having keys in the band REALLY fills in the sound!! I also bought a thin body accoustic guitar for this gig (Matchbox 20, Goo Goo Dolls, Bon Jovi tunes). Last Sunday I think we went through about 18 songs so we're well on our way!!!

Pics & recordings haven't been updated yet but we plan to have new pics/recordings up on the website by March. Everything on the website is from the previous lineup.

Here is a link to the band's website: http://useaus.com/home.cfm

You can also friend us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/public/Band-Useaus

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 27/12/2012 4:59 pm
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

That didn't take long at all! A good plank spanker can always find work for his planks. ;)

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

Posted : 28/12/2012 3:12 am
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Glad to hear the good news. Looking forward to future gig reports

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 28/12/2012 6:39 pm
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Thanks Moonrider!! I like to think so!! :D

Thanks JW!!!

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 29/12/2012 1:39 am