Clear all

nuno sighting

20 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

our missing Spaniard and my cyber bass player has surfaced.
he has been missing for almost a month. two or three digital collaborations were put on hold
as Nuno was called away. his father had a heart attack and the dutiful son was there in a flash.
the family rallied and took care of things.
somehow, in a faraway city, Nuno was able to hook up to the net and let me know what was going on. incredible.
I have a bass player AND a brother.
father, being strong as a Spanish bull, responded quickly to the hospital and PT care. he was up and about so fast.
I am sure it was a relief for Nuno and his family.
he is back at home again. that in itself must feel great.
wishing continued recovery to all that need it.
db

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 10/08/2009 10:18 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Thanks for the update, DB
Sorry to hear about Nuno's father but glad it worked out well in the end.

Also glad to hear there are collaborations in the making . . . it gives me another reason to check-in here.
Looking forward to another Nunobite recording.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 10/08/2009 10:30 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Thanks for the update, DB
Sorry to hear about Nuno's father but glad it worked out well in the end.

Also glad to hear there are collaborations in the making . . . it gives me another reason to check-in here.
Looking forward to another Nunobite recording.

I'd like to repeat all of that. Hope everything continues to turn out okay.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 10/08/2009 10:33 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hey Nuno, if you're reading, I'm glad your father's on the mend. All the best, mi amigo.

Oh yes - your football team's looking good, too. Beat Liverpool last weekend, and looked the better side....hope they finish higher in La Liga than those ********s who play in white, who've just stolen OUR Xabi. GO Atleti!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 10/08/2009 10:43 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

hope they finish higher in La Liga than those ********s who play in white, who've just stolen OUR Xabi. GO Atleti!!!

I'd like to repeat all of that also. :evil:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 10/08/2009 11:29 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Thanks for that update! I was wondering where he might have gone! Great guy to drop everything like that! And again to send you a message telling you what was up! He is truly a dedicated GN person

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 10/08/2009 11:49 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hope all is well with your family Nuno.

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 11/08/2009 1:36 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Hey, Nuno, I hope your family is doing well.

Sounds like good news as it is.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 11/08/2009 1:07 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Speedy recovery to your dad.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 11/08/2009 1:25 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

finger crossed here too Nuno.
best wishes from Lancashire

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 11/08/2009 3:57 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

All the best to you and yours, J.
:)

Don

Posted : 11/08/2009 4:08 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Yes, Nuno, I'm glad to hear that your father is recovering! Now all you have to do is get your life back to where it was and all will be right with the world! Looking forward to hearing from you!

:D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 11/08/2009 4:51 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Nuno, I hope all continues to improve with your father. Best wishes.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 12/08/2009 11:20 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Dogbite, thank you very much for that post. One of these days I will go to Minneapolis, virtual jams are cool but I want to hear those guitars live.

And thank you very much to every one for his/her replies, I appreciate each one of your words.

Yes, we are at home now and trying to go to a "(new) normal situation" from this week. The heart attack was very severe but fortunately doctors did a great job. They said "it was very entertaining" so I guess they used all kind of medical devices that appear in the TV series...

After four days in intensive cares, he was moved to a normal room. He had several minor complications (it seems they are very usual for elderly people). I was there practically all the day and also six consecutive nights for helping him. The first day that i got back to my bed... it is indescribable!

Now, at home, he is improving a lot (slowly). Hospitals are not good. Tomorrow we have a revision with doctors and it will be the first day he goes out (he was trying at home).

I practically didn't play these days. The good news: Yesterday I picked the bass and fortunately I didn't forget the scales! I guess I'll be ready for recordings very soon.

Today I must read almost 5 pages of new posts! You wrote a lot, eh?

Thanks again my friends! :D

Posted : 16/08/2009 12:23 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Glad to see you back and hear that your father is improving. :D

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 16/08/2009 1:10 pm
Page 1 / 2