Clear all

Off Topic, but a rant I've gotta get out

13 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Ok...I don't quite know what to think....something came to my attention tonight about a so called "friend" of mine from the wrestling business. A guy I had partied with, been in the ring with, played some basketball with, etc.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region_east_cincinnati/hyde_park/hyde-park-man-charged-with-assault-in-hiding-hiv-positive-status

Right now, I'm physically ill, there is no other way to describe it. The thought of the fact that he may have infected friends of mine, not to mention his new daughter and however many women he's screwed....he was supposed to be a FRIEND to these people...we already lost one person this week from the HWA at the age of 42.....now this?????
Makes me glad again that I left the business, but we won't know the full effects of his crap, for years....there is a special place in hell for him.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 14/04/2011 5:05 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Link didn't work Joe but sounds awful. You were a wrestler?

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 14/04/2011 5:13 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I was a referee, but we trained as wrestlers and still had to deal with all the blood/sweat etc.

Link has been fixed. But basically here is the run-down.

He has HIV, didn't tell anyone...he sweats, bleeds, with people all time in the ring...INCLUDING ME.
Has had a daughter by a woman who didn't know he had it. Was fired from the WWE because his test came back this way. Since they obviously can't publicize that, Andre told everyone that he was let go for previous felonies.

He was arrested the other night because the woman who he was sleeping with found out somehow, so now is being held on felonious assault.

Posted : 14/04/2011 5:18 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Thats awful! Being a registered nurse though, a little blood and sweat is likely no concern for you as long as you had no open wounds. Sex is another story. That is terrible. So selfish. Sorry to hear it Joe.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 14/04/2011 5:35 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Yeah, it's very selfish, it's one of the only times I've gotten almost physically ill when I heard news about something.

I wasn't too concerned about myself, because I didn't really mess around with that. And THANKFULLY he wasn't one to do hardcore matches, and didn't "juice" which means cutting yourself so that it looked like the other guy split you open. Whenever he did bleed it was natural.

But I know of about 17 people so far that are getting tested because they had a ton of interaction with him. While I doubt they have it....he's known as a "player" and a "womanizer". So I have no doubt he's spread it.

Posted : 14/04/2011 5:40 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Crazy that's all I can say. There are a lot of idiots in this world you just never know.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 14/04/2011 11:30 am
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

that's terrible. in no way do I offer defense, but I wonder about his motives. since he had a fatal disease ;he felt his life was toast. so in some misguided state of mind he felt he needed to bring everyone to his same fatal state. anger?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 14/04/2011 12:39 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

It is terrible, and you know, I don't know what he was thinking...my guess...he wasn't....he lived like he never had it. He was always very nice, he was always kind, never really had a bad word to say. Could have been an ulterior motive there, but I really just think he was living in denial and wasn't paying much attention to the consequences and risks he was putting people in.

VERY irresponsible, but that's my best guess.

Posted : 14/04/2011 4:07 pm
(@apache)
Reputable Member

That's terrible! No wonder you are shocked by that! :evil:
I can't contemplate anyone would do that...

Posted : 14/04/2011 6:15 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

You said it: Very irresponsible! :evil:

Posted : 14/04/2011 8:34 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

The thing that is really upsetting, is that the Wrestling business is a family, you could be the redheaded stepchild of the family, but you are still family. We had teachers, government workers, sales people, cubical professionals, etc all working for the company in and out of the ring. If you didn't belong anywhere else, you could belong here, and that business has literally changed my life. For 7 days a week for 10 years, (literally, 7 days a week, practice/workouts during the week, shows on the weekend, sometimes midwest tours where we did 5 cities in 5 days) myself and my wife were apart of it, and it's almost like betraying your entire family....either way, we'll see what happens.

Posted : 15/04/2011 3:18 am
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

This is terrible...Amazing someone could hide this.

I am curious about the wrestling business, though.

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

Posted : 15/04/2011 11:25 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Its getting alot of news play around here. The station I work for made a big deal out of it and tied it to the wrestling community. Of course the guy they interviewed was stupid, told anyone that if he sweat on you, then you should be tested....which I'm pretty sure that you can't contract it like that.

But at least it's getting stressed for people in the ring.

Posted : 16/04/2011 3:02 am