Clear all

OLGA offline

131 Posts
54 Users
0 Likes
225.4 K Views
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Am I reading the number of views on this topic correctly?
164,000+? :shock: :shock: :shock:
That's got to be some sort of GN record...
:)

Yes, the number is right! But, this post has been going for 2 years in July! :D Don't know about a record, though. Bet Nick would! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 03/05/2008 6:07 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Never trust a lawyer who uses txt spk to communicate with you.

Actually, scrap that. Never trust a lawyer.

Awww, can I make an exception for my little brother?
Actually the owner of D-Music is a lawyer. He also owns a web site called boycott riaa.com :wink:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 04/05/2008 1:41 am
(@vdrac)

FYI - someone must have edited my original message; I didn't EVER write that I was a lawyer. Last posting.

Posted : 08/05/2008 10:39 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

FYI - someone must have edited my original message; I didn't EVER write that I was a lawyer. Last posting.
people being sued for inaccurate tabs, and now THIS?
When will it end????

#4491....

Posted : 08/05/2008 11:34 am
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

What? Embarrassed about being a toady, er, sorry, lawyer for the music business?

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 08/05/2008 6:51 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I've done that too.
Revealed too much of myself after too many beers.
But at least she said thank you!

Dust in the wind . . . all we are is . . . (poof)

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 08/05/2008 7:00 pm
(@alangreen)

A lawyer denying having said something? Surely not.

Notice there's no denial from vdrac that he/she is a lawyer for the industry.

And there, ladies and gentlemen, we should let the matter rest.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 08/05/2008 9:23 pm
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

I'm not a lawyer but I play one on T.V.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

Posted : 09/05/2008 5:04 pm
(@ceejay2005)

Musicians barely make any of the profits anymore anyhow, it all goes to faceless rich execs. Maybe this is just their way of fighting back at the big record and movie companies.

Posted : 15/10/2008 4:45 pm
(@candicejoann)

So if any of you guitarists on here who are actually good/lucky enough to ever "make it" be sure to join up with the RIAA. They will take care of you and make sure that you get your fair share. 5 cents per CD is a good share isnt it. Actually what I mean is be more like Rap stars, they make their own record labels, the RIAA hates this. Because they can't CONTROL the Rappers.

I am hoping that independent labels will be the wave of the future. People with power don't usually just give it up without a fight.

Piano Teacher

Posted : 03/12/2008 3:55 pm
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

On February 11, 2010 Guitar Noise received a letter from lawyers representing the NMPA and the MPA instructing us to remove any content displaying guitar tablature and lyrics of copyrighted musical compositions. We are, at the moment, complying with their request although we feel that Guitar Noise does not infringe upon the rights of copyright owners, nor does it damage the potential earnings of songwriters or their publishers.

We've opened a new discussion topic here: Where Did The Guitar Tabs Go?

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 20/02/2010 1:42 pm
Page 9 / 9