Clear all

open mic

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

well, i went to one on sunday night, and played 5 originals and a dylan cover. i was a little nervous before hand and the pa was loud and reverb-y, so i didn't sing particularly loud, and i spent a lot of it trying to sing and play into the oddly positioned mics. after i got done, a very pretty girl told me that i was a "morose motherf---er" and that if she was working at a mcdonalds and i came through the drive-thru, that she'd probably kill herself. needless to say, such a wonderful compliment perked me right up.

Posted : 21/11/2006 5:12 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Congrats on you open mic Jason. 8) So, you make girls want to kill themselves?! :lol:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 21/11/2006 6:22 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Way to go Jason. :D

So, your songs are a little on the dark side are they? Hey, go back again, but this time include a happy song just for her like "Rubber Ducky" at the end. That will blow her mind and make you a crowd favorite.

Keep going back.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 21/11/2006 8:35 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Thats awsome Jason.. Nothing says "I love your music" like a beautiful girl wanting to kill themselves.. LOL Kiddin.. Great job.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 21/11/2006 11:22 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

There's nothing wrong with being morose, it just demonstrates that you know what's going on in the world :wink:

Congrats on the gig, btw...

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 21/11/2006 11:45 pm
(@pkrider)
Trusted Member

Congratulations! It sounds as if your music inspired an emotinal response.... What could be better? I say mission accomplished..... If she follows thru with her promise the world might be better off :twisted:

PK

Posted : 27/11/2006 8:15 pm
(@dhutson)
Estimable Member

Think of all the money you saved on an engagement ring, tuxedo, big wedding, mortgage, THEN four years later she tells you she thinks you are a morose mo-fo and she wants to kill herself, but decides to run off with her lawyer instead. :oops:

Great job on the open mike. And doing your own songs too! That takes stones, and chicks dig stones.

http://www.soundclick.com/wayneroberts

Posted : 27/11/2006 9:40 pm