Clear all

Our Second Ever Gig :P

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

well....we got asked if our band could play at a friends moving away party, but seeing as we had been split up for a while (about 4 months) and had no set songs we turned it down, anyways, the organiser was veeeery sneaky...and said 'well dont worry about playing a'show' then but feel free to use to hall cause weve got it booked all day' so we went out (just the drummer and i) and jammed for the morning, but when people started arriving...and everything was still set up...we got pressured into playing, luckily the other member was up for it when he arrived to. so we bummed through a few regular songs (slide - googoo dolls, feeler - pete murray, when you say nothing at all - ronan keating etc) and we actually did really well, we played one or two songs then everyone would dance for a while then we would play again, and on through the night.

but we had no mikestand!! so only one of us could sing...and then we had to lead guitar or anything, so i got everyone to come sit around the front of the stage (about 80 people) and me and the other singer sat on the edge and played and sung purely unplugged a version of michael buble's 'home', which got a huge round of appluase and the atmosphere was amazing!!

all in all it went from unpracticed terror to a great gig!

(out first ever gig almost came about through the same circumstances and we SUCKED!! but that was a year ago)

Posted : 01/06/2008 10:00 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

all in all it went from unpracticed terror to a great gig!

LOL, glad everything worked out for you! Pity you didn't get to do any of your originals, though.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 02/06/2008 12:09 am
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

yeeeeeeeahhh....originals...

kinda odd there, both me and the other singer write...but the drummer and bassist arent up for writing there own music parts...so we never end up using our own stuff... :S

its ok, we jsut stuff around anyways, i like playing my stuff solo acoustic more :D

Posted : 02/06/2008 2:12 am