Clear all

Outdoor gig- Twist of Fate

12 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

My band had a great outdoor gig last Saturday, it was held at our singer's parents house in the country up here in Connecticut. You couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day, mid 70's, and plenty of sunshine.

This gig is actually the farewell for our singer Lee who is moving to North Carolina this month. We have one more gig on the 20th with Lee, after that we will have to find a new singer. We are going to miss him, he has a terrific voice and will be very difficult to replace. He is a great guy as well.

We set up around 3 o'clock in his parents driveway. Lee is a very popular guy with lots of friends, there was probably 100 people already there. Man, there was lots of good food, hamburgers, hot dogs, salads, fruits, chips, cookies and cake, and a whole lotta beer!

There was also every age, elderly grandma and grandpa types, lots of parents with kids, teens too. It was great. We started playing around 4:30 and played about 2 hours non-stop. Funny, but the folks who seemed to like our music the best were the elderly folks, several got up and danced. :D

After that we took a short break to eat and drink a little beer, then we went back on and played till dark. I was having a blast and didn't want to quit. But all good things come to an end.

I really enjoy playing outside because you can really crank it up, that is when a guitar sounds best. :twisted:

Here are a couple of pics from the show:

First, Lee on vocals, you can see our bass player Dom in the background

Lane, our lead guitarist with his beautiful white Strat

And lastly me, playing the monkey with my SG

Nothing beats playing outdoors on a nice summer day with a great crowd.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 06/07/2007 7:54 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Hey Wes, nice report and I should say you are looking awesome in that pic of yours with your SG. Monkeys Unite !

Posted : 06/07/2007 8:23 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Wes, great photos and a great summary. You look like you are having a blast.

Sorry about your singer. That's a hard act to replace. Have you got any candidates?

We also played an outdoor gig last Saturday. Deep pockets hog roast with an Hawaiian theme. They even had a roast pig. I'm sorry but that does nothing for me....give me a ham with no eyeballs any day. :?

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 06/07/2007 8:23 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Great pics, Wes! You ought to make that one your avatar!!! :D

Sounds like a good time was had by all! :D

(And, Bish, I totally agree about the pig!!!)

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 06/07/2007 8:30 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Wes,

You sure Dom wasn't in the Soprano's?

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 06/07/2007 9:13 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member

wes,

you looked like you were having a blast, sorry to here about your singer, are you going to take over the singing duties again until you guys find a replacement ?

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 06/07/2007 11:49 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks everyone, I'm hoping Dom e-mails me some pics of the crowd, this is all he sent me.

As far as taking the singing spot back, I really hope we find a good singer. We posted an ad on Harmony Central and got a few replies, but so far no one has showed up to audition. But I really don't want to sing, my voice has gotten worse and worse over the years. I am beginning to sound like Tom Waits, and I'm not kidding. :D

And Chris, it is funny you mentioned the Sopranos, that is Dom's favorite show. Dom is Italian and grew up in New York. He also served two tours in Vietnam. Believe me, Dom is a tough guy. Those guys are acting, Dom is the real thing.
He is a real sweet guy, just don't rile him up.

Anyway, if I get more pics I will post them.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 07/07/2007 7:37 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Great photos, looked like you guys had a lot of fun - and that's what playing rock'n'roll's all about.

Keep on rockin' lads!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 08/07/2007 12:21 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Too bad about your singer moving away Wes. Hope you guys find a good replacement.

The pics look great! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 08/07/2007 12:46 pm
(@douglasa)
Estimable Member

Looks like yall had an awsome time!!

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace (Jimi Hendrix)

Posted : 08/07/2007 5:00 pm
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member

Cool, like the photos.

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 09/07/2007 11:41 am