Clear all

PBS Airs Clapton/Winwood @ MSG

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Wasn't sure how long ago they started to air this, but if you can ignore the 15 minutes of "selling" after a couple performances it was a great show, and had some really good interviews.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 12/06/2009 2:56 am
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

I didn't see this -do you know When it is on again?

http://www.soundclick.com/kensacco
http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

Posted : 12/06/2009 10:12 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Not sure, I'll look a bit later and post when it's on again. I'm sure they'll air it.

Posted : 12/06/2009 11:01 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Must be donation-a-thon time again. They've got quite a few shows they show. It's like 4 songs and 20 minutes of how you will die unless you donate and then 4 more songs and then they threaten you with your grandmother's cane........good times. Our local PBS did Clapton, Springsteen and the Ken Burns' Baseball mega documentary last year. One other music act, but I'm spacing.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 13/06/2009 2:39 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I have the DVD and sometimes they are the same images/songs. If so, then it is a very good concert!

Posted : 13/06/2009 10:28 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

It's actually the EXACT same thing. They just want you to pay $250 for it to get it from PBS, or you could just go to the store and buy it for $20 :D

Posted : 13/06/2009 12:11 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

The $250 is a donation to help keep your local PBS station on the air. They give you the DVD as a gift. :wink:

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 13/06/2009 12:31 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Yeah, that's true. But I don't watch PBS enough to give that much to get a DVD

Posted : 14/06/2009 11:06 am