Skip to content
PGX Idol Competitio...

Notifications
Clear all

PGX Idol Competition ( FINLLY! YAY!!!! ;D)

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@rachel_morgan)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

hey guys!

I just registered for my final singing thing this summer. the PGX Idol competition. I think i've mentioned it on and on off to you guys, but i'm not sure.

its become one of our Exhibition's highlights, since last year's response. the prize that year was firing off a lucky someone to canadian idol all expenses paid.

they changed the prize this year, but its even better!

$1000, 2 nights at the Hills Health Ranch, and 5 hours in a recording studio.

i nealry died seeing that. I thought maybe 500 bucks and something like the recording studio...

not something like THAT...

I've got my fingers crossed to proceed to the final 12. thats determined at the auditions next wednesday.

All in all, it'll be great fun! I'm memorizing the song now. i'll post it in the Hear Here section when i get on my laptop. its a tiny file on that comp, at a mere 500kb.
its a great, upbeat song. its not a slow song. lots to memorize though, so i wouldn't be surprised if i'm muttering the lyrics in my sleep. i mutter them throughout the day, and i've done around 2 hour practices with the back track daily so far to pound it in my head. its now there, roughly, at 2 days of memorizing.

anyways, I'll keep you all posted on it! wish me luck ahead of time! I'll post a new post after the auditions!

;)

Posted : 27/07/2007 4:39 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Rachel, Good luck on the singing thing. Not sure what someone like me would do with all that pampering but I bet you'll enjoy it.

Knockem dead
Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 30/07/2007 12:14 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Knock 'em dead, girl!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 30/07/2007 5:35 pm
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member

Cool !!! Good Luck Rachel !!!!

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 30/07/2007 6:07 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Good luck, Rachel! 8)

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 31/07/2007 1:04 pm
(@rachel_morgan)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

thanks guys!!

haha, Geo, don't think we'll get pampered much. its only a local thing. they'll just be judging and throwing us on stage xD no costumes, no makeup (thank god...i don't know about that for only a town competition)

i can't wait! tomorrow i'm up, so i'll do a post when i get back, good or bad ;) i'm interested in what critique i'll get, since i haven't had any real luck getting any with any of my music teachers, except when i slack on articulation.

I AM sick though, atm. i woke up at 5 feeling awful and i've been on anti nauseants all day. i'm better, but a bit of a scare!

at least its not a cold! XD

anyways, i'll post a report tomorrow!! and thanks for the luck ;)

Posted : 01/08/2007 1:18 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

ROFL I meant pampered by the winning prize. I thought you said it was a spa!! I know you'll do great!! Get to feeling better

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 01/08/2007 1:34 am
(@rachel_morgan)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

HAHA! i did get pretty confused xD

yes, i'd love to win the spa! i'd die for a good massage, lol!

but i think it would be neat to go into a recording studio. i've never been in one, so i consider that the real highlight.

ah well, i better finish my work and then catch some sleep ;)

post tomorrow! :D

Posted : 01/08/2007 5:32 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

BAH~~ I thought it was today. Studios are fun, but it is alot of work too. In my current situation I get alot of studio time, I'll write more about that in my own post when I know that its all gonna work out.

For now, good luck again. Just relax and sing it like you feel it. Its really almost that easy.

Jim

Posted : 01/08/2007 10:21 pm