PGX Idol Update! :D

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@rachel_morgan)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

hey guys!

sorry, i kept getting delayed in posting an update on how i'm doing in the competition.

i'm through to the semi-finals! top 12! next thursday its up on the mainstage at the exhibition, so it should be fun!

I'm just looking for a different song to do now to memorize. I really wanted to do Heart Shaped Box (Nirvana), but i can't find any good back tracks, and i can't play guitar decently yet, especially picking, while singing. I'm going to keep looking, but if i don't find any in the next few hours, it's going to be a different song.

anyways, i'm very excited to be still in the competition! i got a call not a half hour after the auditions ended, so they seemed to have liked me. i had a few eyebrows up when i auditioned simply because the 3 girls before botched their songs or weren't on key. I didn't stay long after i was up; i just wanted some fooood. I was running near empty fuel wise, lol. :lol:

anyways, i'll keep you posted! ;)

Posted : 03/08/2007 12:21 am
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

best of luck! :D

Posted : 03/08/2007 2:40 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

That's great Rachel! Congrats! :D

Good luck and keep us informed!

Posted : 03/08/2007 8:35 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Thats so COOL. Congrats and good luck in the next round. HSB would be a fun song to do, hope you can find a BT for it.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 03/08/2007 10:32 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Good Luck!

#4491....

Posted : 03/08/2007 11:13 am
(@rachel_morgan)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

thanks guys!

sadly i couldn't find a backing track for HSB. :/ I had to choose another song, but it's one i'm going to keep looking on and off for, when i can next do it.

now its a completely different genre alltogether! xD "Black Horse And The Cherry Tree" by KT Tunstall. its one i've morphed into a stronger voiced song, and you have to admit that the chorus ("i said nooo, no, no, no-no-no.. nooo, no--you're not the one for me ;)) is very catchy. i heard it done by a band at BB Days, but i had no clue who it was by, sadly, till i stumbled on it! xD so, i chose it. i'm just going to stick with it through the semis and, if i make finals, finals. see what happens.

this coming thursday! ^_^ (friday i guess if you go by forum time - its a bit ahead of our time here) i keep hearing the radio's ad for it, my song came mysteriously on the radio when we turned on the car... signs, saw the listing in the pgx guide... all really great. i'm really savoring it, even though the interviewing hasn't started yet. i'm positive after we're up performing at semi's that we'll be taken aside for a few questions. it is the newscrew's stage, and the radio will be playing us over time for listening ; ti remember the whole thing with last year's group. its probably the second most exciting thing to the flowrider show at the fair...or the little amusement park. which really is only 5 rides, practically.
its nice being able to go in for free, lol. they gave me two tickets of free entry, and free parking (thank goodness; 3 bucks for parking! it never used to cost either)

ah well. i'm going to go before i crash here. ;)

I'll give another post probably after the thing. i'm probably going to be holed up tomorrow doing all my memorization; been lazing a bit and have only done an hour or so a day just singing it. i have half the song memorized, but i want the rest down so i can mutter it grocery shopping and window shopping. drives everyone nuts in the house, but it works!

-playing tennis- nooo, no, noooo, nonono -whack- "SHUT UP!!!!" xD

Posted : 05/08/2007 7:48 am