Skip to content
Primi Photo's.....I...

Notifications
Clear all

Primi Photo's.....I'm allowed to have these.

135 Posts
34 Users
0 Likes
16.9 K Views
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Not sure how much other stuff I've shared with you so if this is a repeat, my apologies. It's been an emotional year.

My oldest daughter, Rachel, moved back to our home this past summer to regroup her life with her 3 year old daughter. . . my first Grand daughter, Jailyn. My little singer. :wink: She turned 4 in November, BTW. :D Rachel came here with expecting another child in March. However, for no apparent reason her water broke at 20 weeks and the doctors suggestion was to plan for a funeral. That was mid Ocotober. She left her job and was on full bed rest from then on.

Not sure what I'm saying but normal baby fluid count is around 15. Rachels was at 2 so there wasn't a whole lot of optimism for a term baby. After she got past 24 weeks she was admitted to Iowa City Hospitals where they care for these situations like this on a regular basis.

On November 24th, she delivered a 2 pound .5 oz boy.

His biggest hurdles have been respiratory as well as weight gain. Every day is different with him. Some days he does well and others he goes backwards. The nurses all say he's a fighter and he puts up with a lot of connections to the hospital electronics.

I thought it would be cool to show you a size comparison.

I went to see him today and got my mug on record with my very first Grandson, Landon Micheal ....we think. 4 Weeks and mom won't commit to a name.

So here's my little buddy...

I have no idea what the future holds for him and his health. This is a huge emotional roller coaster I can assure you. We can only go day to day.

Take care all. I'll have updates as they are available.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 27/12/2007 12:48 am
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Man, that's gotta be rough, but I know a couple who went through similar issues (at 27 weeks, IIRC) and the baby is now a beautiful young girl, so keep positive! Your family will be in our prayers.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 27/12/2007 1:09 am
(@steves)
Estimable Member

Bish,

Keep the faith. A woman who works for me went through a similar ordeal just over 3 years ago. Difficult pregnancy, very early delivery (around 24 weeks if I remember correctly), very difficult delivery, dire predictions, etc. When she was born they held a peanut next to her for reference. It was touch and go for a while and Ava has had some rough times but she is generally considered the miracle baby and is a now a cute 3 year old. Like I said up front - keep the faith.

Congrats Grandad!

Steve

Posted : 27/12/2007 2:08 am
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Hey Bish

It's good to hear the nurses think he's a fighter. That means a lot.

Hang in there and I'll keep him in my prayers.

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 27/12/2007 2:43 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Sheesh! He's a tiny one!
How long did it take to get that smile off yer mug?
Congrats G Paw! we're sendin' positive vibes yer way.

#4491....

Posted : 27/12/2007 2:47 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks, Guys. We'll take all the help we can get. 8)

How long did it take to get that smile off yer mug?

It's permanent as long as he keeps making progress.

Bish

Posted : 27/12/2007 3:33 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

That's better than the smile you had with that old Ibanez. :lol: Wishing you all the best. :D He's made it a month, that's gotta count for something.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 27/12/2007 12:53 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Congrats on your 1st grandson Bish! :D

I'm sure it's been rough on your family this past month. Stay strong.

I'll keep him in my prayers.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 27/12/2007 2:35 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

You all have to keep the faith! There's a family across the street and two doors down from me. She gave birth to a 1lb. 2oz. baby boy (also a preemie, but I can't remember how many weeks, but I'll never forget the weight!). It was very touch and go for a while, but he is now a slightly small, perfectly normal, very intelligent and rambunctious 8 year old!!

I'm praying for your family and Rachel and especially for Landon Michael! He's a beautiful baby and he's got a great grandpa! Hang in there!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 27/12/2007 3:10 pm
(@bgdaddy316)
Reputable Member

That's amazing. My prayer is that everything will work out for the best.

Posted : 27/12/2007 4:43 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks, everyone.

Excellent words of encouragement. :)

Bish

Posted : 27/12/2007 4:53 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Got him a guitar yet, Bish?

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 27/12/2007 5:10 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member

Bish - you have a beautiful grandson :)

It must be so hard for you and your family, I can't begin to imagine how it feels.

But he's already proved he's a fighter. I'm sending lots of hope and good vibes your way.

Posted : 27/12/2007 9:23 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Congrats Bish! :D

BTW, how is the project with Jailyn? Did you continue recording more songs?

Posted : 27/12/2007 9:36 pm
(@corbind)
Noble Member

The baby is really small. The picture with the dollar bill was striking. Keep us updated.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 28/12/2007 1:00 am
Page 1 / 9