Skip to content
Primi Photo's.....I...

Notifications
Clear all

Primi Photo's.....I'm allowed to have these.

135 Posts
34 Users
0 Likes
16.9 K Views
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

You know, these forums are funny things. Funny odd, not funny ha ha. People you never met can become your best friends. People all over the world with the same interests, dreams and hopes. Bish, I'm feeling both your pain and joy. If you need me, I'm here brother.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 28/12/2007 3:54 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I'm sending good vibes out your way, Bish. I hope this all has a happy ending. They often do as others have said. Keep us posted.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 28/12/2007 2:15 pm
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Best of luck to that little rascal! :P

I'm sure grandpappy will have a drumstick in his hands before long.

Keep the faith.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

Posted : 28/12/2007 3:20 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks, Steve.

TR, that is a huge for saying that. Thank you!!! You guys/gals are all so awesome. This is the only forum I feel half way comfortable even posting this.

Sorry it's not too musical related, but I can't really buy him a guitar yet. Not sure if he's right handed or left handed and not sure if he has a color preference. Jailyn (his older sister) wants a yellow one and I haven't seen too many of those, yet. :lol:

As far as baby progress updates. We get them daily and one day is a high and another we are all going nuts because he goes backwards the next. So I choose to have weekly updates. I can't handle all the lows he goes through when I know they are just minimal in the big picture.

As far as the Jailyn Christmas CD project, it sort of got put on hold since mom is out of the picture. There just wasn't/isn't enough free time for focus. We'll get back at it soon, I hope.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 28/12/2007 3:25 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I think I have a can of yellow spray paint...

I know I have plenty of fluorescent orange.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 28/12/2007 4:20 pm
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hey Bish,

congrats on being a grandad, best wishes to you and your family

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 28/12/2007 4:48 pm
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

My great nephew was not much bigger than that at birth, and now he's an impish little 4 year old. The good news is that they have these great drugs now that help the preemies lungs mature. That used to be the biggest problem. so far the only problem our Brett has that is directly related to his early appearance is that he needs to wear glasses. Just makes him look cuter in my opinion! I'm sure your little guy will be runnin ya ragged in no time!

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

Posted : 28/12/2007 11:30 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Hey Bish, one of these stories reminded me of my High School best friend. He was born preemie. Never got very tall, maybe 5'6" or so, but his mama is a short one regeristing about about 5-even with shoes on. No, I think the only things he brought to adulthood with him was that he was succeptable to bronchitis attacks and would have to use an inhaler when they flared up on him. Other than that, he led a perfectly normal life of raising hell, riding motor-cycle, being the babe magnet I never was and is now entrenched into a decent paying retail career.

<sigh> One never forgets the summer off between High School and College. Good times. I probably owe my friend a call.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 29/12/2007 5:45 am
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

The baby is really small. The picture with the dollar bill was striking. Keep us updated.
It was.

I hope the baby lives a healthy life for many years. :) Oh and...be sure to get him a little guitar, lol! :)

Posted : 01/01/2008 2:38 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Congrats on being a grandad again!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 02/01/2008 10:22 am
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

I think I remember reading somewhere about a baby that was born at 20 weeks and survived just fine.
Anyway, I hope he is doing ok. I was so thankful nothing like that happened when I was pregnant. You all are in my prayers.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 05/01/2008 9:20 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thank you all for the kind replies.

I had made a post last night to update everyone on Landon but it's not here today so if you see it somehwere else...sorry. :oops:

So, to date:

Landon has been upgraded to an actual incubator instead of the warming tray he'd been in. The tray was so the doctors and nurses could get instant access to him during him times of crisis. He's also had his vent removed and is now just using a nose cannula(??) but is doing all the breathing on his own.

He's also gaining weight at an ever acceptable pace. He's now over 4 pounds. He's still being tube fed but everyone is noticing he is starting to use his sucking reflex which means he's starting to know when he wants to eat. I believe they have been feeding him small doses through his mouth and he is swallowing.

The doctors say that he can come home once he meets two conditions. First, he must be able to breast feed. They are thinking in the next two weeks that should happen. He's already starting to suck on a pacifer (or binky as my daughter calls it). Also, once he can maintain his own body temperature without clothing they will allow us to actually keep clothes on him. Then he can come home.

More later...

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 20/01/2008 1:21 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Making good progress! Excellent!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 20/01/2008 1:31 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Bish, that's great news, I hope/feel he'll continue to make positive progress. :D The pic with the dollar bill really stunned me, but I'm sure he'll soon get big enough to stuff them in his pockets, so ya might wanna curtail the comparisons pics when does, lol.

You and your family are in my thoughts, I know how stressful this time must be for you. But it is amazing what human beings can go through when they don't want to give up the fight.

1luv

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 20/01/2008 1:34 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Awesome. I wish continued improvement.

Roy

Posted : 20/01/2008 1:36 pm
Page 2 / 9