public apology to TR

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hello guys :D

My first post in months. The last time I was here I asked TR to take part in an online jam but never got back to him after he agreed.

The reason for that was I broke my hand by letting my own dumbbell roll off my bench while I was underneath it in a highly painful but comical incident :D

I should have let you know I was out of action, so I do feel guilty for that, and I appreciate you offering to take part. I just shut all guitar thoughts out my head for a while.

Just wanted to say Sorry as I know I probably came across as quite ignorant by not following up.

Al

The new look forum looks great BTW.

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 18/02/2013 8:20 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

That's too bad, so how is the hand now? I still don't have a full range of motion from my pinkie after I broke it and it's over a year ago now. Luckily I can still play as bad as I used to!

Good luck with the hand.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 19/02/2013 12:00 pm
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Hello guys :D

My first post in months. The last time I was here I asked TR to take part in an online jam but never got back to him after he agreed.

The reason for that was I broke my hand by letting my own dumbbell roll off my bench while I was underneath it in a highly painful but comical incident :D

I should have let you know I was out of action, so I do feel guilty for that, and I appreciate you offering to take part. I just shut all guitar thoughts out my head for a while.

Just wanted to say Sorry as I know I probably came across as quite ignorant by not following up.

Al

The new look forum looks great BTW.

One of my recurring nightmares is permanent damage to my left hand. Dealing with the onset of arthritis is bad enough. Here's to complete recovery!

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

Posted : 19/02/2013 2:52 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hello again!

Think I got lucky, it was my picking hand that was hurt. It was a nasty break though and it took a long time before I felt like I could hold a pick. Still not really 100% with it.

The plus side was around early December I decided to use it as an opportunity to strengthen my fretting hand, and put a lot of work into legato exercises etc, so I dont think it will take me too long to get back into the swing of things again as my fretting fingers have kept working hard.

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 19/02/2013 8:08 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Sorry to hear that. Although it seems you were practicing with your left hand!

Hope you feel completely good soon.

Posted : 21/02/2013 5:05 pm
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

BTW I havent seen TR around latly... Is he still kicking??

Paul B

Posted : 23/02/2013 12:19 pm