Queensland Floods

11 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hi everyone ,

I just wanted to up date everyone from across the globe about the Queensland floods , I know through many friends across this vast world that the Queensland floods have made your news services .
Wednesday 5th of January the Fitzroy river in Rockhampton is set to peak at an estimated 9.5 m ( 32.5 feet ) of water above the high tide water mark . Many people in my home town of Rockhampton have lost everything they have worked their lives for , 18 years ago my wife an I decided to build a house at the base of the surrounding mountain ranges . We did this for the peace an quiet and to get away from inner city living , we never thought in our wildest dreams this was one of the best decisions we would ever do .
The city of Rockhampton is currently 40 % under water and with the peak not expected till Wednesday and poor weather conditions I am just asking everyone just to spare a thought for all these people who have become effected by one of the worst natural disasters this region has ever seen .

Where I work I is currently under water by 6 feet of water , I thought it was a little funny when my boss rang late today and told me I would not be expected to attend work this week , ( yes we still have a sense of humor ) ...

Thank you everyone who has contacted me and sent their good wishes an prayers
Cheers
Trev

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 04/01/2011 8:34 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I am following the news on TV. They are horrible. Sometimes you can not understand some things if you don't relate to near or already known things.

We are having also floods in the south: the streets in some villages, parkings, basements... Then, I heard the area affected by the flood is equivalent to France and Germany together! And that is almost a half of Europe under the water! They say it is the worth flood since 1918.

I thought of you when I heard the news. I always thought of GN members when I heard news around the globe (for example, there was a earthquake in NZ last week).

My best wishes and my energy are with you.

Rock on! :D

Posted : 04/01/2011 1:39 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I'll be thinking about you and everyone down there Trev. It is good though to hear you are high and dry. Try to stay that way OK?

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 04/01/2011 2:39 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Seen some pics in the daily paper today; according to the Mirror, Rockhampton's 75% under water. Described it as almost an inland island, completely cut off by road rail and air, as all the runways are under water. Didn't realise the situation was so serious, Trev - please accept my humble apologies for the "floods of tears/Ashes" crack, which now looks in bad taste. Sorry mate. Hope you manage to stay safe and dry! Oh, and watch out for taipan snakes, funnel web spiders - on the lookout for dry ground - and salt water crocodiles!

:( :( :(

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 04/01/2011 6:06 pm
(@apache)
Reputable Member

I didn't realise how bad it was either... I've can't belive the area affected is the size of France and Germany combined - that is mind boggling!

My thoughts go out to those affected...

Trev - hope you stay dry x

Posted : 04/01/2011 8:00 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I've been reading the news stories and watching video on the internet here. Apparently the "creepy crawlies" are a real issue. They are seeking high ground and that is often in peoples houses. I couldn't imagine.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 05/01/2011 3:39 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks guys / Lady ...

I just wanted to bring this natural disaster to everyones attention that it is very real and very scary , this wasn't meant to be a
" poor ol me " post but more a information post about the floods .
Vic - Trust me ol mate all cracks about the ashes are justified and honestly made me laugh reading them , so don't feel bad mate its all good . Dam I was looking into family tree to see if I had any English blood line there so I could claim to be English ..ha ha ha
( Irish was the closest ! )

Thanks everyone , and my family and myself are quite safe and dry , appreciate all kind words an thoughts

Trev ... :note2: :note2: :note2:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 05/01/2011 9:09 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Well Trev make sure you stay high and dry!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 05/01/2011 12:41 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

all the water is frozen here in the north. watching the news reports my mind is overwhelmed by the vastness of the floods in your homeland. is there an expected date when the water can recede?
I'll begin to build as many of these as fast as I can. bet they'd come in use.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 06/01/2011 8:55 pm
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member

I have been watching this on the news. It defies belief, thoughts with everybody there and stay safe.

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

Posted : 12/01/2011 12:11 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I was also watching the news tonight. It seems incredible, there were cars that were moved by the water like small pieces of paper. I heard the rain will be continued this week...

Posted : 12/01/2011 12:29 pm